Chapter 20

I stood up slowly and walked toward the door to see if I could hear anything, which I couldn't.

I told Matty to watch Tommy for a second while I went downstairs to see what was going on.

I walked down the stairs slowly and faintly heard someone crying, I walked into the kitchen and saw my mum balling her eyes out.

"Mum?" I asked, her head still down on the table. I couldn't see my dad so maybe he was the one who slammed the door.

"Mum?" I asked again and this time she lifted her head a bit and her eyes were all puffy.

"What happened?" I asked as I pulled the seat out next to her.

"H...ha...Harry" she stuttered and her head was sill down.

"Mum look at me" my voice shaking as she slowly lifted her head up I saw a massive red mark on the side of her right cheek.

"Did Harry do that?" my voice still shaking.

She slowly nodded and told me that my dad had gone after him because he ran out straight after.

I told her to go upstairs and get changed into her pyjamas and relax, while I made her a cup of tea and brung up a bag of frozen peas to help the swelling go down.

As I slowly shut the door behind me Tommy was stood there asking me if 'mummy was alright' I nodded and all three of us (me, Tommy and Matty) went downstairs, I stuck on monsters inc because Tommy always falls asleep to that movie, he fell asleep half way through and I turned the film off.

"I'm sorry Matty, tonight didn't go as planned" I said while fiddling with my hands.

"Don't worry about it, we all have family problems, I understand" he smiled as he gave me a hug.

We sat on the sofa and talked for a while until we realised that it was nearly midnight.

Matty picked up Tommy who was fast asleep and put him into bed while I checked on my mum she was asleep too with the bag of frozen peas on her face.

"I guess I should be heading off" Matty said as we both met in the hallway, just after he had said that I heard the front door open and close. I looked over the banister and saw my dad, Matty and I walked down and I asked him about Harry, he told me everything that happened and finally pronounced that he didn't find him.

"I'm gonna go to bed sweetheart" my dad said whist yawning

"Your welcome to stay the night if you want Matty" he shortly said after

"Thanks" Matty replied and we headed upstairs into my room.

Morning came and it was quiet, too quiet.

I rolled over and saw a sleepy Matty which by the way was adorable!

I slowly got up and headed downstairs, I looked at the clock in the kitchen which said it was 10:27 so why is it so quiet?

I made myself a cup of coffee and went into the living room and saw Harry sat on the sofa, the tv wasn't on, nothing was he was just said there staring into space.

I turned around and went towards the stairs when I heard Harry say my name.

I walked back towards the living room door and he patted the seat next to him, I sat next to him and he began to cry.

"Lucy I've messed up. I need help, I've always needed help." he cried

"I...i have problems" he stuttered.

I sat there in silence because I have never seen him cry before, I've never seen him ask anyone for help, he was always so independent.

"What do you mean?" I finally blurted out.

"The drugs Lucy. I need to stop, I know I do I just can't, I know I need to get a job and provide seeing as I'm going to be a dad soon but.. but I don't know how" he said shaking.

"We can get you help, let's just talk to mum and dad, I'm sure they can organise for you to see someone" I smiled.

He nodded, stood up and walked towards the door "thanks Lucy" he smiled at me and went upstairs.

I went back upstairs and entered my room to see Matty still asleep, I got back into bed and snuggled up against him, which made him move a bit and his hair flopped on my face.

"Matty" I whispered

"Matty"

"Matty"

He finally rolled over and when he did he woke himself up and with wide eyes looked at me and smiled "good morning"