12 | her

read a/n at the end pls

ethan's pov

i haven't herd anything about ariana lately. she's been on the news a lot though, unfortunately they haven't found her.

people keep asking about her at school and i never know what to say. i mean they probably saw her on the news.

i've been seeing this girl, aaliyah, lately. she's really nice and pretty. i love her so much but i think i love ariana. not because i miss her, when i kissed her at the beach it was magical.

whenever nate and alex come over, they always talk crap about ariana. it got really bad once that grayson and i got in a fight with them.

well i got in a fight with nate while grayson held me back and alex held nate back.

***

*2 weeks later*

"what happened to her?" cameron said as she walked into my room. she was leaning on the doorframe with her arms crossed with a puzzled look on her face.

"what?" i said as i turned around in my spiny chair.

"ariana" cam said. "why did she leave?" cameron continued as she started walking towards me and sat on my bed.

"we don't know. we think it was when me, gray, nate, and alex were all hanging out and we saw ariana at the park, sitting on a bench reading a book" i said as i got up from my spiny chair and made my way next to cameron. "nate walked towards her and we just followed behind him. nate started making fun of her. gray and i told nate to stop but he wouldn't. he then dragged ariana to the back of an alley as alex held gray and i back. ariana got pretty beat up from nate. fortunately ethan picked her up as i got her stuff and went back home. it was really bad for ariana that night" i said and put my head down. a tear went down my cheek.

"oh my god. why didn't you tell me this?" cameron said grabbing my head gently and putting it on her shoulder. she was so much like a mom at this point.

"you didn't ask and i don't really like telling people it" i said.

"i understand" there was a silence. "where did you say you last saw her?" cameron broke the silence.

"new jersey" i said lifting my head up from her shoulder.

cameron's eyes were widened. she rushed on her phone and checked something.

"what's wrong?" i asked just staring at her strangely.

"on instagram" cameron paused. "one of my friends posted a photo and i think it's her and ariana" cameron said. "yea look" cam handed me her phone.

'ran into one of my old friends while i was in new jersey✌🏻️💓'

"thats ariana, right? the one fixing her hair?" cameron asked.

"yea it is. i can tell" i said looking at the photo more. "this was posted 10 minutes ago" i continued.

"which means she's still in new jersey. do you think they're still hanging out?" i asked cameron and gave cam her phone back.

"i'm not sure" cameron said. "let me call her" cameron continued and got up and called her friend.

we might actually find ariana again. last time was pretty bad considering i hit her with a car. oops. i'm surprised she wasn't hurt in any way.

"okay, bye" i heard cameron say and walk over to me.

"well...?" i said just staring at her like a lost puppy.

"well, caitlin isn't with ariana anymore" cameron said. i put my hands in my face thinking it was hopeless. "but she told me where she was going" cameron's said and her frown turned to a smile, and so did mine.

authors note:

i'm sorry i haven't updated in like a week or two, i was on vacation with my family and we had the worst wifi. i couldn't even edit photos on my instagram.

btw you should follow me if you haven't: @dolan.bupp :)

i hope you guys liked this chapter. pls vote and comment💙