21 | its best to keep it a secret

i woke up to something moving. i looked up to see ethan.

"sorry, did i wake you?" he asked me. "i was trying to reach the remote"

my head was leaning on his shoulder as i was sleeping. i got up and ethan got the remote and switched the channel on the tv. once he was comfortable i layed next to him, cuddling him. the news turns on and ethan's eyes go wide.

"...missing girl gone for over a year now still not found..." while the lady was talking a picture of me popped up on the screen. 

the picture was me. not ria but ariana. the girl who had long wavy brunette hair, hazel eyes, no tattoos or piercings, and wore glasses everyday. she was often know as nerd, bookworm, and even loser. but she didn't mind. that's just who she was. i'm 18 years old now. that picture was from the yearbook when i was 16. man, time flies.

"ariana martinez was 17 years old when she went missing. she was last seen at her house in los angeles, california. if you or anyone you know has seen her recently please call this number" the lady on the tv continued as a number popped up on the screen.

i looked over to see ethan tearing up a bit. at times i regret going away but others i'm glad, i get to have a whole new life.

"is that her?" i asked him. "your friend that went missing?"

"yeah" he said. "she was amazing. she was the only friend i had at times and i wish i got to tell her sooner that i-i l-loved her" ethan stuttered.

i couldn't believed that he liked me. he didn't just like me but he loved me! i wish i could tell him but i know it's not the right time. a part of me really wants to tell him, but the other just says it's best to keep it a secret.

"i'm sorry" was all i could say. "are you okay?" i asked.

"yeah.." he said whipping his tears that have fallen on his checks away. "i just miss her" he hung his head low.

"i hope you find her soon" i rubbed his arm and brought him into a hug.

"thank you.." he whispered.

***

it was now 5:04, we've been watching movies all day. it was nice just the two of us. ethan's arm wrapped around me, me cuddled up next to him. until grayson barged into the house.

"hey ria" grayson said as he walked to the kitchen.

"hey" i said.

grayson was in his football uniform. he had sweat dripping from his hair, down his neck and smelled like BO.

"ethan, i talked to coach today" grayson said and grabbed and apple.

ethan turned around to look at grayson "what did he say?"

"well, i told him you were hungover and got a tattoo while you were drunk so you couldn't come to school today-"

ethan sighed. "get to the point" he interrupted grayson.

"coach said since you are one of our best players that you can stay on the team but if it happens again, you're off" grayson said and bit into his apple. "well i'm going to go shower"

"you better" i mumbled as i smirked at my remark.

i thought he was upstairs but i heard him running towards me. he grabbed me and made me smell his armpit.

"eww grayson stop!" i said as he was just laughing. a few seconds later he stoped.

"gross bitch" i said loud enough so he could hear me. he just laughed and walked away.

authors note:
happy toozday!

the part where grayson grabbed ria and made her smell his armpit, they were just messing around. it wasn't serious like he was mad. i feel like i worded it wrong to think gray was mad.

i have a question for you guys..
should i upload weekly and not my own time? if i do it weekly the chapters might be short and sometimes fillers like this one. let me know bc i want your guys opinion on this.

hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. make sure to comment and vote!

love ya guys..PEACE💜