16 | time to take risks

ethan's pov

a year has passed and we haven't found ariana yet. she's been on the news a lot. they say she's dead, gone, that she remains missing.

i've been hanging out with ria a lot. turns out she came to la to visit family so we hung out a little. cameron and jessy left to go back to college and grayson and i have been taking online school.

i broke up with aaliyah after i found out she was cheating on me with another guy. grayson and samara have been dating for almost 2 years now and they're planning on going to the same college next year.

it's never been the same without ariana. everyone and everything has been different. my neighbors are acting strange around me, my parents are acting weird around me, even my own twin brother is acting weird around me! it's okay though, i'm used to it now.

today has been a crummy day. just sitting at home and doing noth- *knock knock*. who's at the door? as i get the door i see someone i didn't expect at my door.

"ria?" i'm shocked! "w-what are you doing here? i-i thought you were leaving for college" i stuttered.

"well" ria started and walked in. "i decided college was going to be lame so i dropped out"

"w-why?!" i asked.

"there's no point in college. plus i wouldn't be able to hang out with you, i'll be in canada!" ria explains. she's right, it's so fun hanging out with her and i don't want her to leave.

"so i thought...we should go out for the night" she continued.

"to where?"

"how about..." she trailed off trying to think of a place to go. "the bar, maybe some karaoke or something"

"you know i don't sing...or drink!" i said sternly. "were not even legally allowed to drink!"

"you're right but you're almost 18, it's time to take risks" ria said. she had a point.

"c'mon what do you say?" she says. "i have fake IDs" ria smirks.

"fine but only this one time!" i say and grab my jacket and we head out.

authors note:
i'm not dead😂

sorry i haven't updated in so long. i had to focus on school a lot to raise my grades up so i haven't

unfortunately this chapter is really short😂

anyways hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, don't forget to comment and vote.

love you guys PEACE✌🏻️💕