24 | i love you

ethan and grayson were sitting on the couch in the living room. they haven't said a word since i've told them the truth.

"can you guys say something?" i paused and looked at them. nothing. "i'm getting worried over here-"

"and we've been worried about you for almost three years, ariana! three years!" ethan quickly spoke. he stood up and started pacing back and forth.

grayson was still silent but finally spoke up. "why'd you leave?" grayson whispered, looking at the ground. i looked at him.

"what?" i asked.

"why'd you go?" he spoke up and looked at me.

i looked at ethan then back at grayson. he was on the edge of the couch, desperate for an answer. "i didn't like who i was" i paused. "i needed to just get lost" i sighed.

"was any of it because of nate and alex?" ethan asked coming over to me.

"one of the reasons why" i said as i sat down on the edge coffee table.

"one? so there's more?" man was ethan full of questions.

"yep" i said popping the 'p'.

"what are they?" ethan asked.

"well one, nate and alex as you already know" i sighed and just looked around the room. "two, i didn't like who i was" i paused. "and three,...you" i looked at ethan.

"me?" ethan asked looking at me with worry.

"yes. i don't know why but the voices in my head were telling me to go and saying things like 'ethan doesn't like you', 'you will never be with ethan', 'you're worthless', 'you're a nerd', the list goes on"

"ariana.." ethan steps closer to me. "i like you for you. you're beautiful, kind, and yes you are a nerd but not the bad kind. it's cute when you act nerdy" ethan and i chuckled.

"you didn't need to run off and act like someone you're not" ethan continued. i looked down at my feet but ethan picked my chin up so i could look at him.

"thanks ethan" i didn't know what to say.

"so i'm guessing you know now" ethan whispered grazing my lips. "now i can do this" ethan kissed my lips softly and i kissed back.

"okay love birds" i heard grayson say. ethan and i pulled apart and looked at grayson.

"save it for the bedroom" he said and went upstairs.

"grayson!" ethan and i yelled.

"now, where we're we?" ethan said and started kissing my lips.

"there" i said against his lips.

"i love you" ethan said.

"i love you too" i said.

authors note:
the book is almost over 😭😭

i'm might gonna have one more chapter left which is probably just going to be an epilogue so stay tuned for that.

- xoxo ava