23 | dead

"ethan..."  i moaned his name. ethan was kissing down my neck until he got to my sweet spot.

i moaned as he just kissed there, leaving a hickey. ethan looked back up and smirked. he smashed his lips into mine. our lips in sync. he pulled away and looked at me with a scared expression.

ethan slowly backed away and whispered. "dead..." he said. "dead!" ethan yelled.

i looked in the mirror next to me to see my face deteriorating. my skin grey and black, my lips cracked, my eyes lifeless. my face with cracks everywhere. every part breaking off. my right cheek broke off and turned to dust. i looked at my hands to see them breaking off one finger at a time also turning to dust.

i turned to ethan and he ran off. "ethan!" i yelled. i ran after him. "i'm not dead!" i repeated over and over again running after him.

"i'm not dead!" i yelled once more. my left hand completely gone. the right side of my face, gone. every part turning to dust.

"i'm not dead!"

"i'm not dead!"

"i'm not dead!.." i woke up screaming. it was all a dream. ethan was shaking me back to reality. he was sitting in front of me, his eyes wide open worried about me.

ethan grabbed me and pulled me into a hug, i hugged him back. i cried into his chest. "you're gonna be okay...you're okay...you're safe with me now" ethan whispered to me. i was shaking so much, crying so hard.

"shhhh..." ethan rubbed my back. "you're okay"

i quickly bolted up and ran to the bathroom, ethan following behind me. i looked in the mirror, looking at my face and hands. i was okay. i don't feel okay.

"..ria...?" ethan said. i just kept my eyes on my facing thinking this can't be real. "what happened?" ethan asked me.

"i-i...y-you..." i just stared at him. "i was dying! dead" i yelled. "you ran away! you didn't care about me- you were scared, of me!"

"ria. tell me everything from what you remember" ethan told me. he was scared. it was written on his face.

"we were making out, why we're you kissing me?! why! why, why, why! i don't understand!-"

"ria i-..i love you, okay? but-but you remind me of her. every time i see you" i just looked at him with shock written on my face.

"ethan i-" i paused. "ethan, in the dream. i started deteriorating. i was dying!" ethan was scared. he had the same face as in the dream.

"b-but why?" ethan asked.

"you know your friend ariana?"

"yes, of corse" ethan put his head down.

i sighed. "i know where she is" ethan put his head back up. he came towards me his face had anger and sadness written on it.

"you didn't tell me! you knew the whole time!" ethan's hands grabbed my arms, putting pressure on them.

"ethan" my voice cracked. "you're hurting me" tears started to build up.

grayson came in the bathroom. "ethan what are you-" he saw what was happening and took ethan off of me. "what the hell do you think you're doing?!" grayson yelled at ethan.

"let go of me!" ethan yells trying to break out of grayson's grip. "she knew! she knew the whole time!" ethan yelled.

"ethan i-" ethan cut me off.

"where the fuck is she?!" he was screaming at this point. i didn't say anything. "say something!"

i put my hair in a ponytail, put my glasses on, and took all my piercings out. ethan stopped struggling in grayson's grip and stared at me with wide eyes.

"it's me" i whispered. my eyes started to water. "my name is ariana martinez" i put my head down. i felt big arms wrapped around me. ethan was hugging me so tight. i hugged him back but was scared what he will say next.

authors note:
guys...
this book is coming to an end😔
there are going to be some more chapters but it's almost over.

also i hit 1k reads on this book! if you didn't read the authors note i posted just thank you so so much! you guys are amazing in every way.
i love you guys sm❤️

-xoxo ava