Chapter Five: The Conspiracy

Helena's POV
It's Saturday. People are hanging out and laughing like everything is fine. However nothing is fine for me. I stayed at Wayne Manor for the night. I go downstairs and Dad was in the kitchen having coffee.
"Hi dad."
"Hi sweetie." He says as I hug him.
"I don't think she's dead." I say. My dad looks at me.
"No."
"But dad she may not be dead."
"Helena she's dead!!!!" He says walking into his office. I sniffle and go down to the Batcave. I look up mom.
Then I go to her grave. I look at it and convince myself that she is still alive. It's only been a couple of days since she died but I'm still going to look until I find that she is not dead. I go back to the Batcave and look up some things on the Batcomputer.
"What are you doing?" I hear Dick say. I turn my chair and see them all looking at me.
"Proving that my mother isn't dead." I reply.
"Well let us help you!" Tim says. I turn back to the computer and sigh.
"Fine." We all get to work on trying to see of my mom is still alive. Finally I had found the golden ticket! I just had to meet with Damian's mom.
"Do you want us to come with you?" Steph asked.
"No. Alone." I reply.

~later~

Helena's POV
"Talia. Listen I've heard that my mom was revived... By the Pit."
"What? Catwomen? No, but she needed my help. She faked her death."
"Why?" I ask.
"People wanted her. They wanted her for debt money, jewels. You know the things that she stole."
"What why?!"
"*sighs* One year ago she stole a diamond and it was from a gangster's house. So his men wanted to take her out. Then she asked me to help with her death."
"Who was the gangster?"
"Carmine Falcone. He's gone now. Will be for a few months."
"Where- where is she? Where's my mom?!"
"Somewhere in Gotham. I don't know where." With that info I leave and head back to the Batcave.
"Any luck?" Damian asks. I nod.
"Talia helped fake her death. She stole a diamond a year ago from Carmine Falcone. He found out and wanted to kill her."
"Wait what about Catman?" Babs asked.
"Voice enhancer and someone pretending to be him." I explain.
"Ok. But where is she now?" Cass asked.
"Somewhere in Gotham. Oh, has my dad come down here?" They all shake their heads. We all leave and head to my mom's apartment first. I look around. Something drops to the floor.
"Oh! I'm sorry I didn't realize there were new tenants in here!" I say. A woman nods and I help her.
"If you're looking for the old tenant she moved."
"Do you know where?" The woman nods.
"Across the block." She says pointing. We say thank you then head in that direction. I ask the landlord if there was a Selina Kyle here and he nodded told us the room.
"Is this woman like a family member or somethin'?" He asks.
"Like you wouldn't believe." I reply. We walk to apartment 70B and knock.
"He- how did you all find me?" It was my mom with tears filling up in her eyes.
"It wasn't that hard." Steph replied.
"And to think I was hesitating in telling you." We all smiled at my mom. I squeezed her almost crying.
"You want to come back with us?" Tim offered. Mom nodded and we headed back to Wayne Manor.

~Wayne Manor~

Bruce's POV
I sat in my office pondering something. What if Helena was right? What if Se- Helena knocks on my door. They were all in their uniforms. I looked at them confused.
"We have a surprise for you." Helena says leaving and then coming back with...
"Selina... How are you." She starts walking towards me.
"I'll explain later." She says. My children have left by now. I kissed her. I felt happy. For Selina was alive again.

{Damian's POV}
I thought about father and how happy he was with Catwomen.
"Is someone jelly?" Helena asks coming over to me.
"No! Of course not! That's ridiculous accusation!" I exclaim. She rolls her eyes at me and I glare at her.
"Come on! Cheer up! Alfred made cupcakes!!" Stephanie says and we glance at each other, then shrug and walk over to join the others.

Author's Notes
Hi! I know that this cliche has been way too many times before bit I wanted to do it. Why did I have Selina die? To be honest I don't know. So um... Yah I apologize! Sorry this was short!
Bye!
BatgirlGeek❤️