Chapter Twenty-Seven: Open Wounds

Thanks catmikaelson for the chapter name! Oh and this song helped me come up with this chapter! Two specific parts of the song, "Cause you had your chance and you blew it yeah, you ripped it up and you chewed it and the more you talk, you prove it yeah, you prove it" aka my favorite lyric and "You can take your lies to your next girlfriend cause I don't wanna hear it anymore and if you're all that's left when the whole world ends no I still don't wanna hear it anymore". The first line I put is for when Cass and Steph find their fathers and the middle when Steph almost does something wrong! The other line I put up is for the end when Cass and Steph are talking to Kate. Anyways enjoy!

Helena's POV
It's been weeks since our mission and things have been running slow for our crime fighting lives. I'm in the Batcave with everyone else, except Damian because he had to take Titus out for a walk. Titus is going older and older every time I see him. Beep! A noise interrupts my thoughts and Tim starts nerding out over the fact that there are two villains on the loose. Dad tells Cass and Steph to head down to the location. They both nod saying goodbye and leaving. I glance at Tim who is still looking serious at the computer.

~Warehouse~

Stephanie's POV
Cass and me go inside the warehouse sneaking in not being seen on the top.
"You really think that will work?" A voice says and we freeze.
"Does that voice sound familiar?" I ask Cass glancing at her. She nods a bit confused. I take out one of my ear coms and record the conversation.
"We can at least try." Another voice says. It can't be them. Can it? They both are supposed to be in jail.

Cassandra's POV
No... Those voices. Steph knew the first voice and I knew the second. That was it. We now have open wounds.

Stephanie's POV
I finish recording the conversation. Guns and ammo are around the room. They may know us but they are unpredictable.

~Batcave~

Tim's POV
I look at the computer to find a recording. We all are in shock.
"It... Can't... Be... Them can it?" I ask concerned.

Helena's POV
"What who are they?" I ask in confusion at their concerned faces.
"David Cain and Arthur Brown." My dad says and I look over at him.
"Wait, you mean they are-?"

Stephanie's POV
"They are our fathers." I say and Helena looks over at us. We start to explain the fact that my father was always in jail and me getting pregnant and becoming Spolier. While Cass was saying about her father killing her mother's sister and having to be silent during her childhood because of her assassin father.

Helena's POV
I listen patiently.
"Well, considering all your suffering, you two seem pretty normal!" I say with a smile.
"Thanks," Steph and Cass say smiling with a bit of laugh, "that's really sweet of you to say." They finish. I nod.
"Well anyway, you may need to find them." Tim says raining on our happy parade.
"Yes. Thank you, Tim. For raining on my parade!" I say giving me a bat glare. Tim just looks at me in confusion. Steph sighs and Cass cracks her neck.
"We'll be off." They say.
"Be careful." Tim advises his eyes growing with concern and a bit of sadness. They nod but dad grabs Steph's arm.

Bruce's POV
"You don't have to do this." I say.
"We do. Their our fathers. Let us do this!" Steph shouts. I let go of her arm and let her go. I glance at Jason and Tim.
"You two ok?" I ask them. Tim doesn't answer and Jason shurgs.
"Hey what's going on?" My son asks coming downstairs, Titus strolling behind him. I start to explain the situation while Jason and Tim are still silent.