Chapter Twenty-Eight: Recovery

Before we start, I couldn't help but put that picture in! Read on my friends!😘

~Gotham City Hospital~

Jason's POV
I wake up in an unknown area. I begin to get up. I look over at someone taking off her gloves.
"Wait... You look familiar." I say to her.
"Yes, well I said that I was going to treat you and you "thanked" me by stealing drugs from the hospital. That was a while ago, though and I did forgive you, Jason by not having Bruce let you go to juvie."
"Wait, you're Leslie Tompkins!" I say remembering her from when my mom "overdosed" on drugs and I hurt myself stealing. (It's his New 52 origin if anyone's wondering!😜)
"Doctor." She corrects.
"Woah! You did that Jay!" I hear Dick's voice exclaim and I glance over at him, Tim and Damian sitting there. Damian was sleeping in his chair and Tim nodded in agreement with Dick's statement. Then I realized something.
"Wait, did you say Bruce? You know he's-"
"Yes, she does." I was interrupted by Bruce with his cowl on a table and he was sitting in a chair.
"Wha-" Dick begins and Tim glances at all of us.

|Dr. Leslie Tompkins' POV|
"Do you tell them anything?" I ask a bit annoyed at my godson. Bruce simply just coughs and goes over to the window.
"I'm his godmother." They nod and say a couple of "ohs" and "that makes sense" in understanding.
"Do you have any-"
"Sorry we're late! We would have come here sooner if SOMEONE hadn't gotten a speeding ticket!!!" Barbara shouts to a girl with blonde hair.

Bette's POV
"Babs, the sign had ivy on it."
"No it didn't!!! The sign was clearly marked!!! The ivy was on the pole!!!" Babs shouts at me and we start arguing.

Jason's POV
"ENOUGH!!!!" Kate's voice shouts coming into the room.
"Sorry. Wait- what- how?"
"I'm Dr. Leslie Tompkins." The woman says holding out her hand.
"I'm Kate Kane. And this speeder over here is my niece, Bette Kane and this is Stephanie, Cassandra and Barbara." Kate says to Dr. Leslie Tompkins.

|Dr. Leslie Tompkins' POV|
"Oh, well Bruce talks about all of you all the time. And I know Barbara's father." I explain to Miss Kane.
"Bruce may not admit it, but you are all really wonderful allies to him, he wouldn't be the same without all of you." I whisper glancing over at Bruce.
"So, how do you know he's Batman?" Kate asks. She sighs.
"Well you're always the same never telling anything to anyone." I say with a tiny smile to Bruce. I turn back to Miss Kane.
"I'm his godmother." Kate nods understanding.
"Anyway," I say going back to my patient, "do you have any other symptoms, well aside from this bullet that was in your side." I say picking it up and examining the bullet.
"No." Jason says.
"Who shot this?" I ask looking over at Bruce. He glanced over at Stephanie.
"Oh, I see," I say putting the bullet down, "well, I will have to take this to Central City Crime Lab." I conclude.
"Wait, why Central City?" Damian asks waking up.
"Oh, because ours was blown up by one of Penguin's explosive penguins and the damn thing this isn't finished." Bruce nods.

Jason's POV
"Oh! I almost forgot! Jason, you will have to walk around with this. You will mostly be sitting down though." Dr. Leslie Tompkins explains.
"Where should I sit?"
"My advice is to sit somewhere you are comfortable."
"You really think that'll keep me from not getting bored?"
"Hey! I spent a week of being sick in my bed watching rom coms! But that's a *ahem* different matter." She says coughing a bit.
I smile a bit trying not to laugh.
"It's nice to see you smile, Jason." She says.

|Dr. Leslie Tompkins' POV|
"How long to I have to keep this damn cane?" I blink.
"Well your vocabulary certainly has changed since I last saw you. Uh... About two weeks." I conclude looking at my chart. He nods.
"You're free to go." I say.
"Dr. Tompkins to the operating room. Dr. Tompkins to the operating room." Someone says over the loud speaker.
"And I must be off as well. Oh, wait two things. Jason, when the second week is over I need you to come back here and if he needs anything you will get it for him."
"WHAT?!" My godson's "family" exclaims. I glance over at Jason's cocky smile.
"Remember, Jason, you're sick. You're not a king nor a god." I explain and he nods a bit disappointed and going back to brooding. I smile walking off.

Bruce's POV
"I think it would be best if you stay at the Manor." I advise and we all nod in agreement.
"Ok, Bette give me your keys." Barbara says holding out her hand.

Bette's POV
I reluctantly give her my keys.
"C'mon it's one speeding ticket!!! Let me drive! Please!"
"NOO!!!" The girls and my aunt shout at me and I roll my eyes walking off.

~Wayne Manor~

Jason's POV
I take Dr. Leslie's advice and chose the most comfortable spot. The couch. I wobble over and sit down on the couch and go to sleep.

~A few hours later~

Jason's POV
I get a rude awaken to the sound of a computer being out on the coffee table. I open an eye.
"Sorry, Jay I would've gone in the other living room but Steph and the girls kicked me out while they watch a movie. I smirk.
"Who would have thought that Red Robin, the second worlds greatest detective would be defeated by some girls trying to watch a movie." I say with a bit of a chuckle and feeling drowsy.

Tim's POV
I give him a bat glare as he's dosing off to sleep and hit him "lightly" in the arm.
"Ow!!" He says both eyes opening.
"Oh! I'm so sorry! It was mistake! Honest!" I say sarcastically and gloating ear to ear.

Jason's POV
"If I wasn't injured I would sooo kill you." I say with confidence and Tim gulps his face becoming as pale as mozzarella chesse. I smile as I go back to sleep.

~1:00 pm~

Stephanie's POV
"Oh come on! King Shark is not coming back!"
"Yes he is! Ok, yes Barry was saved but King Shark will come back!" I retort to Babs after we watch several episodes of The Flash TV show. I stop in my tracks to find Jason sleeping on the couch.
"Should we?" I ask and the rest nod.
"What are doing?" Cass asks stretching and coming into the room with a banana in hand.
"Uh..." I begin crouched, thumb almost about to snap the photo.
"We're... Exercising?" Bette says.

Cassandra's POV
I sigh.
"I know you are trying to take a picture but I am way to tired to stop you." I say wiping my eyes and going upstairs.

Stephanie's POV
We watch as she leaves.
"Take the picture! Take it! Take it!" The girls were whispering to me. *Snap!* We snicker walking away from Jason sleeping.

~2 weeks later, Gotham City Hospital~

|Dr. Leslie's Tompkins' POV|
I'm checking Jason's chart and smile.
"Congratulations, Jason you're completely healed!" I say. Jason simply nods.
"If you need me for anything else you can see me in my office." I say giving my godson my card.
"Wait, I thought you worked here?" Damian asks raising an eyebrow.
"Oh yes, but I also own a clinic near here," I explain, "Now if you'll excuse me I've gotta eat my lunch." I say tossing an apple into the air.

~Wayne Manor~

Jason's POV
I hear the girls in the living room talking about some sort of photo.
"Oh my god, look at Jason!"
"Yeah seriously!"

Bette's POV
We were laughing at the pic that we took of Jay when....
"I'm so going to kill you!!!!!" Jason says.
"AHH!!!! CASS, SOMEONE HELP!!!!!" We shout running.

Cassandra's POV
I come to the stairs and sigh.
"Why do we always have to chase each other?" I think aloud before running after Jason.

Author's Notes
I thought an idea for a chapter in my head but I don't! Does anyone have any suggestions. Maybe someone can go on a date perhaps?😉*nudge, nudge*
Sayonara!
BatgirlGeek❤️