Chapter Twenty-Six: Mission in Paris (P2)

Helena's POV
"M-mom?!" I say looking at her, "why are you here and stealing from the safe house?!" I shout trying to wake the house.

Selina's POV
"Sweetheart, please let me explain. If I tell you or anyone in this house about what or who is making me do this and what is going on, You will all be dead!" I say. My daughter looks at me with her black sympathetic eyes.

Helena's POV
I breath and exhale and start nodding.
"Fine. I'll agree, I guess! Now can you go? I'd like to get some sle-" I turn and my mom is gone.
"Huh! Just like dad." I say going back to bed.

~11:00 am~

Cassandra's POV
I wake up to the smell of food. I turn towards the left side of the bed and Jason is gone. It makes sense. It's better then both of us coming down at the same time. I go over to a mirror to fix my hair and go downstairs.
"Hey, who cooked," I begin then look at everyone looking at me and I notice the microwave, "so you got take out?" I guess and Babs nods putting her plate in the microwave. She puts a plate of salad on the counter next to Jason and I smile sitting down to my meal. I glance at Helena looking agitated.

Helena's POV
"Are you ok, Helena?" Cass asks me concerned. I chew my food.
"My mom was here to steal some stuff and she said that she couldn't tell me who or we would be killed." I say chewing my food loudly. They all glanced at each other. Well except dad. Typical! I swear, why me!
"Helena, people can't always tell us things." My dad says. I sneer at him. He starts to grab my hand and I move my hand away coldly.
"I'm not a child anymore. Not leave me alone!!!" I shout beginning to go upstairs.
"Helena! Helena come on!" Babs and Cass were saying to me.
"Why would you care?! Cass, you were sleeping in Jason's room!" I shout and they all are wide eyed and Cass blushing while Bette spits out her juice coughing a bit. I go upstairs in a huff.

Kate's POV
I sigh.
"Whatever she heard it probably was-" Jason was interrupted by Bruce.

Bruce's POV
"Jason, before you give an excuse, you should know that these walls are thin." I say.

Tim's POV
I almost choke on my food.

Dick's POV
I begin coughing at Bruce's comment.

Bruce's POV
I look at my two sons with a bit of concern.
"Of course Wayne Manor's walls aren't thin, correct?" Kate asks me eating her last bit of lobster.
"Yes."

Dick's POV
Tim and I relax.
"That I know of." We tense up again. Kate sighs except I can see a bit of a smirk on her lips.

Stephanie's POV
"Well anyway," I say changing the subject, "we should all check on Helena." We all nod and begin to go upstairs. Aside from Bruce who's brows are stitched together in a serious manner as he ponders at his salad. I raise an eyebrow and decide to just go upstairs and leave him to... Ponder with his salad. I'm still not sure what he's doing!

Helena's POV
I'm sitting on my bed in my room steaming. I'm still angry with mom, but then I relax a bit and realize that I shouldn't be angry at her. Or should I? I'm so confused, enraged and sad all at the same time! *knock knock!*
"Helena, can we, as your siblings, come in please?" I hear a familiar voice.
"Damian?" I say and he peaks his head through my door and comes in anyway with everyone trailing behind him.
"What do you all want?" I ask glancing up at them.
"First, tell us how you are feeling." Steph says sitting next to me on my bed. I turn my head towards her with a "what kinda question is that?" look.
"Steph, may I remind you that you are not a therapist?" I say.

Stephanie's POV
I give her a look.
"Just answer the question, Helena." I say a *wee* bit annoyed.
"Angry, confusion and sadness." She says. I nod glancing at everyone as I get up from the bed and Damian sits where I was on the bed.
"Helena, you should understand one thing. Your mother was trying to protect you." Damian says calmly.
"Thanks, all of you. I've finally understand why," She says but then turns towards her half-brother, "Damian you're starting to sound like dad." He nods agreeing with her and we all go on with our lives.

~That evening~

Bruce's POV
My family and I had just gotten back from the second night of the masquerade ball and there was some breaking news about a woman being kidnapped. The woman just had to be Selina. Not that I can complain. We hurried to the location that Selina was being captive in.

~Warehouse~

Bruce's POV
We got to the warehouse. It was a shock. Hugo Strange hired Selina to get out info and steal from the home.
"Thank you, for saving me." She says to us on a rooftop.
"Why would you do that?" I ask her when the rest of them leave us to talk.
"You know me, Bruce. I'll do anything for money. Well, with exceptions of course." I nod as she comes closer to me.
"We are going back tomorrow. If you want to come back with us." I say. She smiles a bit.
"Don't worry, you'll see me at home." She winking at me.
"Alright." I nod.
"Bye Bruce. Tell Helena that I'm sorry." She says jumping off the rooftop.

~Wayne Manor Next Day~

Bruce's POV
Home sweet home. We place our bags down and go back to our "normal" lives.

~Unknown Location~

^Unknown POV^
"So will you take my deal?" I ask. He snorts.
"And why should I?"
"Because it will benefit both of us. We will both get our daughters." I say and he sighs.

\Unknown POV\
"Fine. It is a deal. Pleasure doing business with you, Arthur Brown."
"Likewise, David Cain." We say shaking hands and parting ways.

Author's POV
Hi! Sorry I didn't want to write a decent villian. So just ignore that. I wanted to finish this as soon as possible because I have the next chapter already in my head. In case you haven't guessed, it involves David Cain (assassin) and Arthur Brown (Cluemaster).
Bye for now! My phone needs to charge!
BatgirlGeek❤️