Chapter Eighteen: The Truth

~The Next Day, hallway, Gotham City University (GCU)~

Helena's POV
I was in the hallway near Drama when I spotted Daxton. I was about to walk over then hesitated. I'll ask him as Huntress not as Helena.
"Helena!" I turn around and smile at Daxton.
"Hi. What's up?"
"How about a date tonight?"
"Sure! Where?"
"The diner?" I nod and he says goodbye to me. I then see Damian coming up to me looking pretty upset.
"Look if this is about me accepting the date with Daxton, I'm going to show up as Huntress, get the info then show up a bit later to go on the date or lie. Depends on the info." I explain and Damian sighs relaxing. I smile as we walk outside and I comment that Damian sounds like that and he nods admitting it.

~That evening~

Helena's POV
I told Daxton to wait outside the diner while I as Huntress come up with him as well as Damian because he wanted to see this. He's being Robin of course.
"Daxton Spar! You have failed this- wait sorry, wrong line. Daxton Spar, we'd like to speak you."
"Why?" He asks.
"Because of your father! You're working with him, aren't you?" Robin asks Daxton.
"I don't know what you're talking about!" He shouts.
"You are Daxton Spar, or should I say Daxton Strange." I explain and he stops, sighing.
"I needed money. That's all." He starts explaining about how his father wanted to help him. He would pay for his college if he would do things for him, like getting information.
"You must be insane to do stuff for Hugo Strange!" I exclaim.
"Look I got to a date to get so if you would- huh, and I thought that was a myth." He mutters as we fly away to a rooftop.
"Lie?" Damian asks as we fly away and back home.
"Yep." I say.

~Helena's Dorm~

Helena's POV
I sigh plopping down on my bed. Luckily my roommate is gone so I can just sit in my bed without hearing her gum chewing. I text Daxton.

Daxton💋
Load earlier messages...
Hey where are you?

Helena:
Hey! Sorry I couldn't make it. Family emergency! Sorry. Maybe next time?

Daxton:
Sure. Some other time.😊

I close my phone and go to sleep.

Author's Notes
Hi! I'm starting to run out of ideas, which is good because I start school next week. I'm sad, excited, happy and everything in between so, my point is bare with me trying to update because of school. Thanks you all are wonderful!
BatgirlGeek❤️