Chapter Twenty-Nine: Operation: Undercover Dating!

Thx HopeWayne for the idea! I wanted to put a photo so there's a photo! The fam as animals!

Bette's POV
I get a text at 9:00 am from... Luke?

New Member of Fam
Hey Sorry to wake you but Bruce wants to see us right now!

Bette:
At 9 in the morning?!

Luke:
Hey! I didn't ask! Let's just get down there and see what he wants!

Bette:
Ok. I'll meet you there?

Luke:
See you then, Bette.

Bette:
See ya.

I yawn and look at my hai-
"Oh my god!!! My hair at my best! I mean my hair is a mess!" I laugh at myself and fix my hair then get dressed.

I yawn and look at my hai- "Oh my god!!! My hair at my best! I mean my hair is a mess!" I laugh at myself and fix my hair then get dressed

I couldn't resist those shoes IRL😍😜

~Wayne Manor~

Bette's POV
Luke and I go down to the Batcave.
"Hey Bruce, you wanted to see us?" Luke asks. Bruce turns around in his chair.
"I want you two to go on a date."
"Huh?" We say looking at each other.

Bruce's POV
"Let me rephrase that, I want you to go on a date undercover. The mayor of Gotham is going to a dinner with me at the Ocelot to discuss rebuilding plans for our crime lab. Now, there is a rumor that Deathstroke is going to kill the mayor, I want you two to make sure that she doesn't get hurt." I finish and they both nod.

[Luke's POV]
"We don't have to hold hands or anything right?" I ask. Bruce shakes his head and Bette lets out a sigh of relief.
"Hahaha!!" I laugh at her response.
"What?! I can't sigh now?"
"No it's just funny!"

~The Ocelot 5:00 pm~

Bette's POVLuke and I arrive at the Ocelot and grab a table near Bruce and the mayor of Gotham City

Bette's POV
Luke and I arrive at the Ocelot and grab a table near Bruce and the mayor of Gotham City.
"We might as well order some food while we're here." Luke nods in agreement.
"What are you going to get?" He asks me.
"Hmm... uh the lobster. You?"
"Eh, I guess lobster," he leans in closer "it's the only food that I know one the menu." I hold my hand up to my mouth careful not to spit out my wine. The waiter comes over with our food a little while later and then some people get up to dance, including Bruce and the mayor... Weird.
"Why are they going to dance?" I ask Luke gesturing to the mayor and Bruce.
"There not going to dance, there going in a different room." Luke replies looking at a door while sipping the last of his champagne. Luke gets up and helps me out of my chair and we walk over to the door looking around and sneaking in. I examined the room. It was a... Gamblers room? Oh well. We sit near the mayor and Bruce. When I notice a green dot on the mayor's cheek.
"Madam Mayor!!!" I shout getting her out of the way and I taking the bullet. There are gasps around the room and the mayor blinks at me.
"You saved my life. Thank you! What is your name?"

[Luke's POV]
"Bette Kane, Madam Mayor."
"Thank you so much, Miss Kate!" The mayor says.

~Next Day~

Bette's POV
I wake up in my apartment with everyone around my bed.
"Hey guys... Ow." I say looking at my bandaged up shoulder.
"Sorry Bette but we needed to show you something." Babs says turning on the TV.
"This is a past broadcast." Someone says on the TV.
"Good morning everyone. Last night, I went to discuss plans on how to rebuild our crime lab with Bruce Wayne. However that was almost foiled by a snipper, but a I was saved by a savior. A woman. Bette Kane. Bette if you're out there let me say this. You are a hero."
"Can you believe it Bette!! She called you a hero!" My aunt exclaims. I just blink at the screen,
"On another note I am happy to say that our crime lab will be open for business by September 24, 2017. Thank you." The mayor concluded and cameras flashed and reporters tried to ask her some more questions as she walked inside city hall. Tears were now in my eyes.
"I can't believe she called me a hero. That's amazing!" I say. Everyone leaves my room to go on with there lives when Luke almost falls on top of me.
"Woah! You ok Luke?!" I ask him laughing.
"Yeah, I just tripped on the end of your bed." He says getting up and glancing over at the my bed leg.

%Unknown POV#
"I'll get you for this Bette Kane. Just you wait..."

Author's Notes
So whatcha you all think? Huh? Huh?😜 Just wanted to tell you that there may be a crossover soon in the next chapter soon. Can you guess who it is?
BatgirlGeek❤️