Chapter Twenty-Four: Silence and Dinner

Helena's POV
I was inside my room on a Saturday when my phone rings and it's my dad.
"Dad?"
"Helena, sweetheart. I want to meet Daxton."
"YOU DO?!" My roommate, Gretta looks at me raising an eyebrow chewing her gum.
"I mean *ahem* you do?"
"Yes. Is that a problem?"
"N-no. I'll tell him."
"Thank you." My father says, wait, dad, says hanging up. Ok, well I do know one thing saying father instead of dad can only mean one thing... I've been hanging out with Dami for WAY too long!!! Anyway I texted Daxton about meeting my dad.

Daxton💋
Load earlier messages...

Helena:
Hey, um... My dad just called.

Daxton:
Ok?

Helena:
He asked me if he could talk to you.

Daxton:
Alright. Where and what time?

Helena:
One minute let me ask...

Daxton:
Alright.😊

I switch to my dad's text and text him about the date and time.

Dad❤️

Helena:
Dad, Daxton wants to know where and what time.

Dad:
Tomorrow. Evening. 7:00 pm. My house. Wayne Manor.

Helena:
K! Thanks dad!!!

Dad:
You're... Welcome sweetheart?

I switch back to Daxton and tell him when and tell him the news.

Daxton💋

Helena:
My dad's house. Wayne Manor. 7:00 pm. Tomorrow. Is that ok?

Daxton:
Yeah um that's fine. I don't have to worry about anything right? Nothing to be nervous about?

Helena:
Babe, don't worry. You'll be fine. Oh! And where a suit if you have one! Ok?

Daxton:
Got it. I gotta go. I've got a HUGE drama test tomorrow.

Helena:
Yes, I know. I'm in that class Daxton!😜

Daxton:
Oh right!!😂 Sorry. Night.

Helena:
Goodnight😘

Daxton:
👍

I close my phone and go to bed.

~Next Day 7:00 pm, Wayne Manor~

Helena's POV
I wasn't planning on going to my dad's house but he said that the girls wanted to see me? Hmm...
"Hey, you ok?" I ask Daxton turning towards him. He looks at me and I hold his shaking hand.
"You'll be fine." I say kissing his cheek.
"Thanks." Daxton replies smiling. I ring the doorbell and we go inside.

Stephanie's POV
I hear Helena and peak at her. I sneak over.
"Hi. Mind If I borrow her?" I ask. Daxton looks at Helena.
"You'll be fine. Don't worry." She says and he nods. I drag her away to the Batcave.
"Wait what... Is going on?" She says looking confused as Kate, Cass and Babs sitting near the Batcomputer.

Helena's POV
I then look over bewildered again, at the guys. They looked annoyed on a level that I couldn't describe.
"Why are we here?!" Jason asks enraged.
"Yeah, seriously."
"Because you are!!!" Steph shouted and they started arguing.
"ENOUGH!!!" Kate shouted, "can't we all just get along for once?"
"Kate, we wouldn't be a family if there wasn't fighting." I reply.
"Oh true."
"Now, what is this for?" I ask.
"Oh. Well we actually set up a video thing near the dining room." Steph explains.
"Daxton." We heard my dad say through the voice speaker... Thing and we all froze. I sigh.
"We might as well listen." I say lying on the floor.

~Upstairs~

Bruce's POV
"Daxton."
"Sir." Daxton replies.
"Have you eaten?" I ask. He shakes his head.
"Good. Do you like tortellini soup." I ask as we go into the dining room. He nods again and we sit across from each other in the long dining room table. We start eating and I ask him things like his family, Helena of course, stuff like that. There was eventually a bug silence and I felt like someone was listening to our conversation.

Helena's POV
After listening to their conversation Daxton left.
"That was sweet." Kate said.
"Yeah." Cass said beginning to fall asleep in her chair. Jason chuckled trying to hide his laugh.
"What are all doing?" I jump in my chair and turn.
"D-dad! We were um just hanging out!" I say smiling nervously.
"Helena you spied on our conversation. How could you-" Dad began putting his hands on my chair and his face being quite close.

Stephanie's POV
"Wait!" I shout. Bruce looks at me removing his hands from the chair.
"Yes, Stephanie?" He asks.
"I- I set up the microphone, thing and I'm really, really sorry Bruce!" He states at me then walks away.
"Where are you going?" Tim asks him with a curious look on his face.
"I'm going to try to decide whether or not to scold you or thank you." He replies going upstairs. We all look at each other in bewilderment, well except Cass cause she was sound asleep in her chair. Jason looks at her then picks her up.

Jason's POV
"Where should I put her?" I ask. They all shurg.
"Actually I think she's happy right where she is." Stephanie says gloating.
"Yes thank you." I say sarcastically glaring at her.
"Just ask Bruce." Dick says.
"Oh! 8:00 pm! We've gotta go! Bye!" Helena says looking at her watch with Damian following after her. I go upstairs.
"Bruce, where should I put Cass?" I ask.
"Do you think you could keep her at your place? It's been more noisy around here and she'd probably want to have a bit of peace and quiet. I nod leaving and putting Cass into my car.

Cassandra's POV
My eyes open a bit seeing a blur as an engine is staring up and I smile as I see it's Jason as I fall back to sleep.

Author's Notes
Sorry, there was a mishap earlier when I accidentally published this when I was trying to answer a text from my mom. Also it's been a while since I updated because I started school today's ago and my first day of school I got my period! (Sorry that was probably a little too personal!😬 but it's so stupid it should have never been invented as a thing that women have to through!) Thanks HopeWayne for the chapter idea! Anyway it's 11:08 pm so I'm going to bed. See ya soon!
BatgirlGeek❤️