02

mingyu's crush at wonwoo had started years ago when they attended the same high school. wonwoo being a year older than mingyu made it difficult for him to encounter him. not that he would do it, if he was at his age, because mingyu was too shy to do that.

the crush had started when wonwoo had helped mingyu in a very uncomfortable situation on one of the first days on his first year at high school.

mingyu had slipped on some soap that the seniors had smeared all over the floor in the hallway for the freshmans.

since mingyu had an lack of friends and it was only him who fell of the soap, no one would help him up. but suddenly a hand was reaching out for him. the hand belonged to no one other than wonwoo.

wonwoo had smiled to him. not like the others around who smiled and also laughed of him around, no, this was a kind and warm smile when wonwoo reached out his hand for mingyu and pulled him up from the floor.

wonwoo left shortly after, with his friend, who mingyu had later found out his name name was seungcheol. mingyu was frozen at the spot when he stared at the older handsome boy's back as they left.

that's where it all started.

after this mingyu had just stealed this long glances at wonwoo. for his whole first year at school and second year, he hadn't the courage to do a damn thing about his crush. but it was okay, because looking at him was enough. even though he got mocked by his friend seokmin most of the time.

when wonwoo finished high school, mingyu didn't know what to do with himself. he had still a year again at school and it was heartbreaking. but then he heard from seokmin, that wonwoo went a lot to the library, so he went literally straight after he said it, to the library.

and there he was, wonwoo; reading, taking notes from a book, was he attending university? mingyu didn't know. he couldn't make it to ask him, because suddenly wonwoo had noticed him staring and in panic mingyu had asked mrs. park if he could get a job in the library.

a year after he sat here now behind the counter again staring at wonwoo. he had just finished his high school, after attending school at weekdays and worked at the library in the weekends.

his parents didn't know what to do with him, as he hadn't applied for university. but all mingyu wanted to do was to stare at wonwoo all day. mingyu didn't understand why he was still doing this?

because he sometimes longed for more. like speaking to wonwoo, but he never borrowed books from the library or asked about anything, so it was impossible to have a chat with him.

after the annoying girl had left and wonwoo had founded himself far away from the counter as he always did, mingyu decided to put the books the girl came with in place. he wanted a closer look at wonwoo today.

he looked at the books who were all fiction books and wonwoo were sitting in the non-fictional section. mingyu bited his lower lip and prayed that wonwoo wouldn't actually pay attention to him. so he could just sneak through, pretending to stack books into the shelfs.

he pushed the trolley in the direction of wonwoo, stealing glances while he went. he suddenly found himself behind the bookshelf beside the table wonwoo was sitting. he pretended to put books into the shelfs quietly, but he didn't do it really.

one of the books fell at the floor when he slipped it while pretending, and he sighed that he once more this day had to get on his knees at the library floor. he picked it up and got on his feet.

"excuse me?" a dark voice was heard behind him.

***

heh, i've been mingyu. i had a crush on a dude who was one year older than me for 3 - 4 years, and it was pretty lame. i almost
never had a conversation with him and he was very rude. but he was charming and he was into music, so yup, wasted 3 - 4 years of mah lyfe on dat douche.

if anybody reads this fanfiction, i would really appreciate it if you left a comment or vote! it would make me so happy! c: