33

"what is on your mind?"

mingyu asked wonwoo as they sat on a bench, drinking the sweet banana milk from the containers they held. they were by the river, finding out what to do next during this beautiful day.

"nothing," wonwoo as as he shook his head, and tried to smile, but mingyu noticed him being weird.

"you don't have to force yourself to do things with me you know," mingyu said feeling guilty. he looked at wonwoo. he could still see some blueness of wonwoo's bruised cheek, that they had tried to cover with his little sister's makeup, and right away a shot of sadness was over him.

wonwoo shook his head. "i'm not forcing myself, really," he said, as he reached for mingyu's hand. mingyu bit his lip, as he let him hold his hand.

"i'm just tired," he mumbled as his thumb started to smooth over mingyu's hand. his mouth went to a straight line, as he tried to smile again.

"let's go to the beach," suddenly wonwoo said as he went on his feet, letting go of mingyu's hand.

"what?" mingyu said, he was sipping the last drops of his banana milk but stopped of the older's words.

"let's bring soonyoung and seokmin, and go to the beach for the rest of the day,"

"really?" mingyu could not believe his ears once again today, wonwoo was really surprising him over and over again.

"yes, come on," wonwoo said as he struck out his hand to mingyu.

after calling both soonyoung and seokmin when they arrived at mingyu's house, who said yes to their offer, mingyu asked his father if he could loan his car.

"i really can't believe you of all people don't have a driver license," mingyu had said, they had talked about who was supposed to drive and as he knew seokmin didn't yet have his license, he asked wonwoo if he had, or if soonyoung had. wonwoo had replied that soonyoung had his license but was too afraid to drive out of the city, and that he himself had not yet got his driver license.

"so what are we going to do at the beach guys?" soonyoung suddenly asked after they had been driving for a while. he had leaned forward, pressing his face in between mingyu and wonwoo seats as they sat in the front. mingyu gave wonwoo a quick look before he looked at the road again.

a weird feeling surrounded the group when seokmin and soonyoung got to mingyu's house a half an hour ago.

seokmin had been looking awkwardly at mingyu. he wanted to ask: "so what happened yesterday?" or "so everything is fine between you too right now?", but he just smiled and laid a hand at mingyu's shoulder. seokmin gave him a quick comforting nod, before he began talking about his own last night adventures.

soonyoung who hadn't seen his friend so long, looked at him long, before he leaned in. "are you okay?" he whispered. he could obviously notice the physical differences that had happened to wonwoo's appearance; how thin he had become. but he decided not to ask him about that.

wonwoo just nodded as an answer and observed mingyu in front of him. "did you tell your parents?" he asked. wonwoo gave him a quick glare.

"your little brother called me this morning," soonyoung said. wonwoo was shocked that his brother had called soonyoung, but he didn't want to show it, so he just played it off cool by asking, "and what did he tell you?"

"he told me that you had run away from home," wonwoo nodded lightly, his mouth went into a line. " he wants you to come back home. he is worried about-" soonyoung continued.

"i don't really want to talk about this soonyoung," wonwoo interrupted him, he seemed to pause a little bit before he shifted his focus over to mingyu. wonwoo smiled right away looking at him.

"shall we get going?" wonwoo said, pointing his thumb to the car behind him. mingyu smiled back at him and nodded. 

«we are first going to stop on a store to buy food and drinks and then we going to the beach and do whatever we like," wonwoo answered soonyoung. 

"oh so no plan?" he said surprised.  "wah, wonwoo i never thought you had this side in you," he said as he laid a hand on his shoulder. wonwoo just shook it off, and looked at mingyu in his side vision. mingyu giving him a quick look that said: "yeah, what's up with that?" that wonwoo chose to ignore. 

"the beach!" soonyoung yelled as he ran fast towards the water, while the others were watching him. wonwoo and mingyu began laying down all their food, drinks and snacks they had collected at the sand, while seokmin watched soonyoung playing with the waves. mingyu noticed him doing this. 

"i will go and get the blankets," wonwoo suddenly said. "i can help you more," mingyu said taking a step towards him, but wonwoo just shook his head and went to the car. 

mingyu went up to seokmin. "what are you doing?" he asked, he reached him a beer of the ones they one they had bought on the store. "oh, nothing," he said and smiled, while he took the beer and opened it.  but mingyu could see his best friend's mind was onto something. 

"having a little crush, are we?" mingyu asked, he chuckled while his arm went over his shoulder. 

"he's not gay, mingyu," seokmin said firmly and turned his head towards him. mingyu got a bit awkward and withdrew his hand. 

"it's okay though.." seokmin started, "it has been a while since i figured it out...you know? i got to know, the last time i really spoke with him, which was after wonwoo came out to him. that morning he showed up at your house. he couldn't find him that morning, he wanted to apologize for leaving him. he said he couldn't understand that type of person completely," 

seokmin took a sip from his beer, before he continued. "i kind understood from there. that we had a different view on each other from the start, even though i had hung out with him so many times. so i just tried my best to talk him about how things work, how a man can love a man. just so soonyoung could have his friend, just so you could have him,"

"am i interrupting something?" soonyoung asked, he had come back from the sea. mingyu and seokmin shook their heads. 

"hey, can someone help me with the blankets?" the boys suddenly heard wonwoo's voice. he had gotten back from the car. the three of them went over to help him.

*** 

y'all know what...i cried during writing this last part, cause i was listening to dk's ost for 'the great seducer' missed connections, and i was like: hE DESERVE SOMEONE SO MUCH! do you know how weird it is to cry over your own (fan)fiction and supposedly characters (even tho they are based on someone real)?

again i go ahead with several months between posting a part lol, but like corona was like lemme show you how fast 2020 can go. 

matter of fact, 2020 has been a such shitty year, let me tell you that. i was supposed to attend a seventeen concert in march, but since corona was and is still being a bitch, they had to cancel :'( will i ever see seventeen in real life?  well, well i got a nice trip to the town where my concert was supposed to happen as my plane tickets was non-refund and i didn't want to waste some plane tickets.

and by the way, THEY JUST HAD A COMEBACK, which i love love love love so much...and i just went ahead and bought like all the versions of the album, even tho the album design is shit (really not sorry for that one, i said what i said, like it is fun that is a diy album, but like they could have done better) anyways..the shipping was like the double the price of what i paid for the albums and can't wait for mom to the kill me, bc i use to much money on shopping.