Cold...

Your POV

So I made my way back to my tree with Neva after eating at Kawaii-chan's... I slid my jacket off and felt something I've never felt before. The air seemed to bite at my skin with cold.

Cold.

Sure I had gotten chills before but NEVER like this.

Neva rubbed against my leg. I look down and I can practically feel her worry radiating from her. I put my jacket and scarf back on before rushing away towards Aphmau's house. Neva trailing behind me.

I knock on the door in a frantic rush to get inside. On my way here it started to snow.

"YN?"

"I... I feel..." Zoey looked at me with worry, her eyebrows furrowing and mouth slightly agape.

"Are you okay? Your shivering."

"Cold." I finish. I look up at her. And for the first time I feel something I haven't felt in a very long time. That is, not after my first encounter with a few bandits. Fear. I feel so vulnerable right now that it's... Scary... Zoe's eyes widened as she quickly motioned me and Neva inside.

"I'll go get Aphmau." Zoey rushed up the staircase as I seated myself in one of her dining room chairs. Neva standing next to me, looking up at me.

"Hey, are you okay?" Aphmau quickly approached me. Placing her hand on my slouched shoulder.

"Aphmau I feel cold. I don't feel cold." I turned to see her standing behind me.

"I have a spare room downstairs. You can use that if you want." She offered, removing her hand from my shoulder.

"Thanks Aph..." Neva placed her paw on my hand before I stood.

"Where is it exactly?" I gave a slight chuckle, trying to lighten the mood. I can't help but feel like being here in Phoenix Drop is making me... Not me. I mean not only am I feeling feelings that I don't need. Don't want. I've found out things about myself that could potentially make me dangerous. I don't even feel like myself anymore. I've never needed to stay in a room. Nor have I ever needed anything but my simple dress and boots. But now here I am shivering and afraid. I need a jacket and a scarf to keep me from shivering in my new heeled boots. I haven't been hunting in awhile either. And I haven't seen my things since the sleepover. Although Cadenza will probably give them back to me tomorrow. I've become so... Forgetful, weaker even...

Aphmau led me down the stairs and into a room with a basic bed, a window, a desk, chair and closet.

"Thanks Aphmau."

"Hey..." She grabbed my hand. Her eyes shining with sympathy. Sympathy. Something no one has ever looked at me with. Fear? Sure. If they ever got to see me.

"Call me if you need anything. I'm right upstairs if you need someone to talk to. And Zoey's next door." She reached in and gave me a quick hug before leaving me alone. Neva was staying outside my room with Aphmau's dogs.

I collapsed onto the bed, so comfortable yet I remember a time when the last thing I needed was something like this. I just feel so insecure right now. Part of me wonders whether or not this was all just one big mistake. Maybe I should have ran when Laurence and Garroth offered to take me here. Maybe... Just maybe, I was wrong to just stay instead of leaving.

But then I wouldn't have all the friends I have today.