Tonight...

Authors POV because I can!

It had been a week since the whole Castor incident and Laurence had been avoiding you like he would Garroth's singing. He was confused as to why he had developed feelings for you so quickly. And it scared him. No girl had ever had him so captivated, so in love, and it terrified him. He tried to brush it off as just a useless crush, yet in the depths of his mind he knew that wasn't true. It couldn't be.

He felt guilty knowing that Dante didn't even want him around you since he was known for being such a Casanova in the past. Especially since you reminded Dante of his dead sister. He felt as though he wasn't good enough for that gorgeous Mage that he couldn't stop thinking about. And to top that all off he was a Shadow knight. A Shadow knight.

Naturally you were concerned for Laurence as he barely spoke to you anymore. And when he did he wasn't even looking at you.

You were at Kawaii-Chan's maid café learning how to bake cookies (Neva was with Aphmau and her dogs checking around town) when Dante walked in through the door. The little bell above the door ringing as he entered.

"Oh! A costumer! You carry on kneading the dough YN-Senpai. I'll see who it is." Kawaii-Chan said as she walked out of the kitchen and to the café entrance.

"Good morning Dante-Kun! Would you like some breakfast? Is that why you're here?" You overheard Kawaii-Chan ask. You poked your head around the corner to look at the two.

"Actually I heard YN was here and I wanted to ask her something."

"Oh... Ok then! YN-Senpai! Dante-Kun wants to see you!" Kawaii-Chan yelled. You walked out from the kitchen and towards Dante. Kawaii-Chan already started walking back to the kitchen to continue kneading the cookie dough.

"Hey Dante. What's wrong?"

"It's Laurence... Has he been acting off to you lately?" Dante asked, looking down at you in concern.

"He actually hasn't been talking to me... Every time I try he just turns around and walks away..."

That is definitely not something Laurence would do...

"Okay well thanks anyway. I'll see you around YN."

"Bye Dante." You waved at him as he left.

Dante knew something was up. Especially when you said he wasn't talking to you. Laurence always made an effort to talk to the girls he liked. Even if it only lasted a few days. But it wasn't only the fact that he wasn't talking to you that worried him. Laurence was barely talking to anyone unless he had to. He seemed more distant.

So it was then that Dante decided to talk to Laurence. And he was going to do it tonight.