So Fucked.

The door opens and I jump in surprise.

Satan is laughing at me right now. That's the fucking "deity" watching me. Fuck him.

Fuck am I glad I had the forethought to keep the gun in my jacket, because it allows me the only possible escape from being found out right here and now. I simply put the gun back into the giant inner pocket that spurred the purchase of this coat, and I breathe in a deep breath, because I am a normal person who didn't just almost murder someone.

I don't turn around immediately because I'm too busy swearing at the heavens. Gerard turns quickly though, just as suddenly as the door had opened. Couldn't this person have, I don't know, knocked? I do still have to thank god that I didn't shoot Gerard while someone was just outside that door though. That would have been bad. My catholic mother would be so disappointed at me, but at least I'm still thanking god.

I tell myself that I have to turn and look to see who it is, because not turning around is really weird when someone just bursts through a door. I expect for it to be the assistant, but that is not the person I see.

For one thing, it's a man, and his height makes me feel like a dwarf. He is, in fairness, very fucking attractive. He's blond, it looks bleached. He's frowning, it looks like his usual face, like he doesn't look like the kind of guy that smiles a lot. He has a pretty sharp face, all angles and sharp turns. You could slice bread on those cheek bones.

"Oh hey Mikey," Gerard says, "what're you doing here?" Using my master powers of intuition I guess that this guy is named Mikey. Call me Sherlock fucking Holmes.

"Uh... who's this?" I like a man that can cut straight to the chase.

"This is Frank," Gerard says, "He's a journalist."

"Journalist?" Mikey asks looking down at me. I don't like being short enough to look down on. He's probably taller than Gerard, but I can't be sure since I haven't really seen Gerard on his feet all that much. Ideally, I'd see him on his knees. Realistically, I'll see him lying on the ground without a pulse.

"He's writing about me," Gerard says and I turn to look at him. He's looking at me in a bashful way, smiling like the fucking dork, but unable to rationalize what that should look like on his own face.

"You? You're not interesting in the slightest. Who'd read anything about you?" The Mikey fellow looks so stern when he says it. I'm sure he's kidding, but I don't see a hint of a smile on his face. It's a strikingly similar face to Gerard's. So I suppose that Mikey is the name of Gerard's brother.

"Oh, sorry Frank. This is my brother, Mikey," Gerard says. "He's an ass."

"Thanks for the love," Mikey says. Yeah, he definitely is Gerard's brother. That's the same nose, same eyes, even the same eyebrows. He's not as cute as Gerard though, he's too pointy. If this guy were to elbow you he'd poke a hole right through.

Gerard answers, "Yeah yeah. Why are you here?"

"Because you're an idiot who forgot that we were supposed to meet up for lunch today."

Gerard walks over to stand next to me and he makes a face, "I did forget, didn't I?"

"Well you're dumbass, I'm not surprised," he says, and it's with a shrug that I see something of his demeanor melt away. He's not really that stern looking when you look at him a little closer. I think his eyebrows are just a little more pointed than Gerard's.

I wish Gerard knew how ironic it is that Mikey just saved his life. This tall lanky bastard is the only reason Gerard's breathing. I suppose that I could kill them both, but that doesn't seem fair. That's an unneeded death. I've never taken anyone out who I wasn't supposed to. I don't want to do that, because Mikey didn't do anything. Probably. Besides I can't imagine how hard that would be on their family. One death is already pretty hard, I couldn't take two of them.