I'm In Lesbians With You

"You're going to tell me what happened and you're not going to leave out a single detail."

"Oh, I'm going to leave out a lot of the details Gerard, because you don't want most of them," I admit.

"You're okay right now though?" Gerard asks.

"Well technically I'm dead right now. That's what they need to think. You need to think I ran away from you, and you can't let on that you know I'm safe."

"Why?" Gerard asks, and he fidgets uncomfortably next to me on his couch.

"Because I shouldn't be alive right now. I am supposed to be dead," I say.

"And if they find out you're not dead they'll try again?"

"They're really bad at killing people, huh?" I joke. It's true though. They missed Gerard four times and me once, but they have to think they succeeded this one time.

"You could say that. Tell me what happened though, tell me what you know. And do we need to call the police?"

"No, we probably shouldn't. If we call the police the people who are trying to hurt you might find out that I'm alive, and we can't have that," I tell him.

"Frank, I don't know about-"

"Just trust me, okay? Tell the police that I'm not actually a missing person in the morning or something, and that I just went off the grid for a few days. It happens, they shouldn't question you further."

Gerard frowns but nods, "are you ever going to tell me what all happened. I'm dying over here!"

"Gerard it's-" he gives me a glare that translates well so I begin summarizing the last, apparently, three days.

After explaining the brief start I skip over the messed up dreams and the specifics of mister-sadist man, but I do reveal what he said.

"He said that we have no idea who we're dealing with. No idea what we're up against or whatever. He made it seem like the shot caller is someone of status. Someone high up. Got him monologuing enough for him to tell me the plan."

"There's a solid plan? It seemed sort of unofficial to me," Gerard comments.

"Well a lot of what we thought was true doesn't seem to be anymore. Two assassins, means lots of doe, and they weren't as skilled as they wanted me to think they were. They were far too sloppy which makes me believe that 'assassin' isn't their primary occupation."

"And you're the assassin expert I suppose?" Gerard asks with a raise of the eyebrow and my stomach twists painfully even though I know he's joking.

"I... it doesn't matter. Anyway, originally they just wanted you dead, but when that was proving too difficult they decided to make other plans. That's where Mikey and I come in. They're also going to attack your publisher and editor I think."

"What?" he asks horrified.

"Don't think either is going to die, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're either blackmailed or paid off."

"Well my publisher is a bit of a prick, but I like my editor," Gerard says and I try to add names to the titles. If I'm correct than his publisher is Fischer who he had that public quarrel with, and his editor is that Schechter guy who Gerard's office is next to. I wouldn't exactly rule out either of them though. If this plot extends as high as it looks like it does than matching handwriting is not going to catch the culprit.

I conclude what I've told him, "So they're going to try to cancel your comic."

"Oh glory."

"They want you to think I've run away."