I Can't Think of A Chapter Name

I wake up before either Mikey or Gerard. Gerard's drooling a little bit, but I don't think much of it. He's lying on his stomach with his hair covering his eyes and his hand slipping off the couch.

I feel happy looking at him, like this situation is utter shit, but then it sinks in that I'm just his friend. I'm just his would-be assassin turned miserable friend. If you can even call me that much.

I stand up and walk over to the kitchen to make some coffee. He starts moving around a little when I'm in the kitchen so I make enough for two. He sounds like he's trying to convince himself to wake up which is never a fun thing to do.

"Ow," Gerard moans from the couch a few minutes later, "my head hurts."

"Well you did get shot yesterday," I answer.

"Did that actually happen?" He groans in response.

"You were really fucking high, I'm not surprised you don't remember."

"You know what would be really nice? If people would stop shooting me."

"I'm sorry, but the best I can offer you is a coffee," I answer.

"Deal," He says and I hear him rustling around for a moment before his head pop up to look at me as I'm pouring the coffee into the cups. I get one for myself as well and then grab both mugs and walk over to him.

"Thanks, Frank," He says and I hand him a mug but he makes a face. "No, not that one."

"Why what's wrong with this one?" I ask looking down at the cup.

"It's green."

"What's wrong with green?"

"Green is not a creative color," he answers. I smirk, but hand him the other mug, and he adjusts himself into a sitting position so I sit next to him.

His hair is all messy and he looks pretty drowsy, but he's otherwise unblemished so I can't complain.

"So thanks for staying the night I guess," He says. He looks uncomfortable and I can't blame him. It's been a week since I last saw him. A whole week, and it took him being shot at for me to come back. How does he not hate me? I hate me a little bit. He thinks I hate him though, doesn't he?

"Gerard, I want you to know that I don't hate you," I say.

"Good," he says with a nod and he takes a loud sip of coffee, "I'm really sorry."

"It's... I mean it's fine. Don't worry about it."

"I just, how about... can we forget it ever happened?" Gerard asks.

"It's not your fault Gerard, I was misleading you."

He frowns, "please, can we just forget it?"

"Yeah, yeah sorry. It's forgotten."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, Gerard. It's fine," I answer.

Things are quiet for a few minutes with a lot of awkward slurping. I don't know what to say so I don't say anything. I can actually feel the awkward. I could cut the awkward with a knife. No one has ever been so silent for so long before. It's so quiet. What does one do in this situation?

Gerard tried to kiss me and now I'm sitting here next to him. I'm sitting here next to the guy who I might be falling in love with and he very well might like me back and I'm doing nothing about it.

If I could make one wish it would be that all this shit never happened. I would never have become a bloody assassin, and I'd have never been given Gerard as a hit, and I would never have met him and I wouldn't be in this mess. I would rather have never known him than make myself miserable with knowing that I can't have him.