Discussions About the Crude

After a riveting day of driving around trying to find a Bed, Bath & Beyond, we finally found a place to pick up the basic essentials. New sheets, a duvet, cutlery, and shit and we now have a semi-functional house. Evidently all the TV needed was to be plugged into a different socket. I at least feel much better about that then I would if I had just been using the wrong remote.

"Remind me not to call you if I need someone to help me fix the toaster," Mikey says.

"What on earth did you do to the fucking toaster that would mean it needed fixing?"

"I don't know, but knowing Mikey, whatever he did to it, it'd have to be a brave little toaster," Gerard says.

"Did you just allude to one of the most trippy Disney movies in all of existence?" I ask.

"I may have."

I give him a judgmental look and then glance over at Mikey to see if he's surprised how stupid Gerard can be sometimes.

"Don't look at me," Mikey says, "you're the one who actively decided to date him."

"You guys are mean," Gerard pouts.

"I'm still not convinced that you don't have permanent brain damage," Mikey says, "You may want to look into that if you find Gerard in any way appealing."

Mikey doesn't really have many settings. He looks serious no matter what he says, and acerbity is lost in his words so that you have to just hope that he's being sarcastic. Mikey is probably the only person who could say the phrase 'yeah right' without sounding sarcastic.

"I don't know what you're talking about, I'm awesome," Gerard smirks.

"You just keep telling yourself that," Mikey answers.

Honestly, I'm still dead on my feet from exhaustion so we head up to not long after we got back from the errands. Mikey says something about not being too loud, Gerard flips him off, a rampage of expletives ensues.

I lie down on the bed that is way too big, and I'm already starting to doze off when Gerard interrupts me with words.

"Are you sure you don't want to do something?"

"I've only been out of the hospital for like three days Gerard. Give me some time," I tell him.

"I'm not... ugh, it's not like I'm angry that we haven't done anything," Gerard says trying to find the words he's looking for. "I just don't know what to do to help you, Frankie. I know you're still sore from being shot and I understand, I do, and I don't want to hurt you anymore then you've already been. I don't want to do anything you don't wanna do, but I just feel like I'm being... I don't know, cut out of that part of your life because I can't do anything to make you want to stay. I already have so little to offer you."

I cannot believe Gerard is saying this. He actually thinks I'd lose interest in him if we don't have sex or something.

"You're a fucking idiot," I say with a roll of my eyes and I try to bury myself further in the blankets, but when I do Gerard props himself on a pillow to look down at me with a serious expression.

"Fraaank," he grumbles. "I just want to, ugh, I don't even know."

"Listen, Gerard," I say trying to replicate the seriousness in his face, but it's hard because I'm not really taking this situation very seriously, "I, Frank Iero, do not care about sex, almost at all. It is enjoyable, and I have enjoyed participating in it with you, but I don't need it in a relationship to be happy."

"You say that but-"

"Nope. Nuh-uh. I ain't lying to you, okay? This isn't a permanent thing either, got that? Right now, I don't really want that in my life because I'm not sure I'm really ready yet. But, like I said, give it some time, let me recover from this, and I'm going to be yours in every way that you want me to be."