Epilogue: Or the One Where Two Fucking Dorks Are Being Fucking Adorable

"Frank, do you know when our reservation is for?" Gerard calls to me.

"Hell if I know, you're the one who made it," I shout back.

"Shit," I hear him say and he walks into the room, then looks at me sitting at the dining room table. "You know I was thinking that I'd kind of just like to blow it off. I don't want to go to some fancy restaurant."

"Is it because last anniversary we had our car get chased into a tree and we ran through the forest for a couple of hours?"

"That's partially why I don't want to, yes," Gerard nods, and takes a seat in the chair next to me. He peers around at the laptop screen in front of me, and I roll my eyes.

"So you don't care about fancy dining on our anniversary? One whole year!" I joke, and he shakes his head drowsily.

"It's only as special as the person I'm spending it with," Gerard says and I gag at the cheesiness of his words. "No really! I mean I'd rather stay here and eat pizza while watching movies than go to some snooty high class restaurant with portions the size of my pinky finger."

I frown and look at him, putting the laptop screen down to look at him better, "You know, if I'm going to be completely honest, pizza sounds fantastic."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah," I nod. He grins, and I entwine my foot with his under the table playfully.

It doesn't matter to me what we do, as long as he's there. I just like it when he's there, and being lovable, but that really doesn't take much effort for him. He just needs to breathe. I've always liked lazy days though, because no one judges you when you decide not to put pants on. Actually sometimes the best things happen when you don't have pants on.

I like making faces at him across this table. He always rolls his eyes at me, and tries to ignore me, but then he'll look up and laugh. I like making Gerard laugh, it's my favorite thing in the world. He's got the cutest little giggle. He then proceeds to make faces back at me and it makes me remember why I fell in love with him.

"We should watch the last Harry Potter movie," I say.

"Why?"

"No reason," I say with a shrug.

An hour later I do manage to convince Gerard to watch Harry Potter. It's important to me that we watch it, and I make out with him to the point where I forget we're watching it. That's one of the things I most want to do with my life.

"You're kinda cute," I say.

"Kinda?"

"I don't want you getting all arrogant and realizing you're too good for me, so I have to underplay your cuteness," I reply.

He grins and says, "due to the fact that you say things like that, I think any judge would confirm that you are, in fact, the cute one."

"Nuh-uh," I say shaking my head overzealously. "I don't have the words, nor would I ever try to find them, to describe how adorable you are. I'm a blotch of paint on a blank piece of paper, and you're the Sistine Chapel."

"Right," Gerard says skeptically. He's got his torso leaning against the arm of the couch, with his legs on top of mine. He always seems to find the most awkward positions comfortable, and I mean that in both a dirty and innocent sense. Honestly though, I think it's the cutest thing. He's the cutest thing. I may joke about it, but he really is perfect in my eyes.

Living with him has been the best experience of my life as well. It's kind of like every day is a sleepover with my best friend.

The sun is starting to set, and I'm vaguely aware of it from the corner of my eye where the window is open. Sometimes I worry about how often we keep the curtains drawn, because sometimes I am spontaneous. I mean that in both a dirty and innocent sense as well.