Two Assassins and a Dickhead

I honestly don't know what I'm doing, but I hope to god that this isn't just Gerard using me or something. He doesn't come across as the type of guy who would do that, but I don't want to be anybody's boy toy.

"Um, Gerard?" I ask when I find the opportunity to breathe. I've lost track of how long I've been kissing him. Five minutes could just as easily be five hours.

"What is it?" he asks immediately looking nervous. He went from sexy to sincere in two seconds flat, though to be honest the sexy is still very much there.

"It's just..." I don't want to be one of those guys who makes this awkward by talking about it, but I also don't want to be lead on with the wrong idea, "what does this make us?"

He looks even more nervous after I say that, and this is a truly odd position to be having this conversation in. Standing in the middle of his apartment with slightly swollen lips and some guy out there trying to murder Gerard. It could be better.

"I was hoping exclusive?" He says in a form of a question.

Exclusive is something I can get on board with. Exclusive is closer, intimate even.

I don't have to ask my next question before he continues, "exclusively dating I mean."

Oh fuck I must look like an idiot the second after he says that because I get a wide smile and bite my lip like I keep doing.

"I've never kissed someone with a lip ring before," he notes aloud.

"I'm glad to take away your lip ring kissing virginity," I say and then I realize how stupid that sounds out loud which causes me to turn red.

He smiles at me but not in a mean way, and it's fucking perfect so I grab him. I've never been so hungry to kiss anyone, but I like Gerard so much. If I'm going to be truthful I probably love him, but I'm already dealing with a lot of shit right now so I'm not even going to try to consider what that means.

"You're a fucking dork," he says pressing his forehead to mine. That's the exact term I use to describe him, which is ironic. We're both just fucking dorks in the strenuous game of life. Unfortunately Gerard's got a pretty avatar while I'm stuck with this face. Could be worse. I could look like an Ood.

A knock at the door is the only thing in the world that could pull me away from Gerard right now, aside from a crowbar, but unfortunately a knock is what follows his words.

"I'm going to kill 'em," Gerard says narrowing his eyes at the door like it's the doors fault that someone is outside. I'm on his level though because I have a strong desire to beat the shit out of whoever made me stop kissing Gerard. If it's Mikey than I should probably thank him for giving me the guts to actually do this, but I'll still flick him in the temple.

"Who is it?" Gerard shouts at the door.

"NYPD," a female voice answers. Now a person of my profession usually panics and hides when they hear something like that, but given the circumstances it probably would be more incriminating. It's not that I don't respect the police, because I do, but they have no place in my life. I guess I'm going to have to get used to that if I'm with Gerard. Preferably I won't have to get used to it because they're about to tell us that they caught whomever is trying to kill Gerard. I really hope it's the latter, but knowing my luck they're here to tell Gerard that his journalist friend is an assassin.

Gerard opens the door for the woman who is thankfully alone which means she's probably not here to arrest me. You never know though. There's something really weird about being near cops though. That would be like a dentist hanging out with a cake decorator or a geometry teacher hanging out with a therapist.