Trade Mistakes? No, Sorry Too Cheesy.

"No Conte, make as many copies as you can. Save them on the computer. Make DVD's, put it on flash drives, send a copy to your dentist if you want to," I tell him, though he argues.

"Yes I know that. The thing is that if you don't make as many copies as you can then Banks is going to try to discredit them as fake. He'll say they don't exist if I can't turn up a copy, I don't care how long it will take, I want backup. This could save a life, not only my own."

"Says the murderer," Conte replies.

"Yes, yes. I know I used to be, but not anymore. Just please do as I ask, there will be incentive for you, just do it."

"Fine, but how do you intend to bargain with this man if he knows you have backups. We both know that's not how this game works," he replies, and I sigh.

I lower my voice so that Gerard can't hear, "this may be the last time we speak. I'm not afraid of sacrificing myself if I have to, I just need to keep this guy safe. You know I mean business Conte, otherwise I wouldn't jeopardize my identity in this way."

"I can get you a new one."

"I like the one I have, thank you very much," I answer, and he chuckles, "just do this for me, and that's all I ask. If you don't hear from me in five days then take it to the cops. Let the story be heard. Make sure Banks goes to jail. I may have done some awful things in my past Conte, and I know I can never take those things back, but I'm nothing compared to this man. I'm a fucking saint compared to Banks, and so are you."

"I don't know that I'd go so far as to say that," Conte replies.

"You understand the point I'm trying to make though. He's dangerous. He... he scares me. I'm going to do everything in my power from letting this fire destroy everything, but there might be some serious damage. I'll try to contain the blast, but I will minimalize the collateral damage as much as possible, and if that means my life, then so be it. I deserve to live far less than the lives I'll be saving," I tell him.

"If that's how you see it," he answers gruffly, and I sigh.

"Listen, just do as I ask, and remember. Five days," I say, and he agrees.

A minute later I hang up and walk over to the adjacent room where Gerard is sitting on the bed looking down at his hands.

"What was that about?" he asks.

"Just making arrangements," I tell him.

"Funeral arrangements might be advantageous at this time," he says, and I scowl.

"That's not any way to talk, Gerard."

"But we both know what's going to happen, don't we?" Gerard says. "Mikey's going to die."

"No. He is not. I won't let that happen," I tell him.

"But you don't have any power over what Banks does," Gerard answers not looking at me.

"Yes but I will negotiate. I will do everything to make sure that he stays safe, okay? I will buy us as much time to figure out what to do as I possibly can."

"What's your plan then? If Banks doesn't take our deal, what are you going to do?" Gerard asks.

"I have a few ideas, none that you'll like. Mikey knows our strategy for if we ever lose each other, okay? He'll know where to find us on the off chance that he escapes, so don't give up hope yet."

"It's not going to do him any good," Gerard says.

"Don't say that, Gerard," I plead, feeling my chest tighten. I wrap an arm around his waist and I hope that he's got some faith left in him. Part of me does feel like this is the night before a storm though.