I Just Wanted To Hold You in My Arms

"Your brother fucking snores," I say sometime past midnight. "I hate him."

"Do you want me to drive over a bump or something?" Gerard asks and he glances at me with complete seriousness.

"You would do that for me?" I ask grinning.

"Anything for you," he winks gratuitously, "but I also kind of want to piss Mikey off."

I'm getting really sick of all this driving though. It's taking us about twice as long to get there because of this thing called 'heat running' where you take a bunch of weird turns and never move in a straight line. It's to prevent being followed, but there hasn't been a single car behind us in miles so I don't even see the point anymore.

We're driving through a generic small town by the highway when Gerard finds a decent sized speed bump to wake Mikey up.

"Ahshit!" Mikey says being jolted awake. He looks at me staring at him and then at Gerard who's glancing at him from the mirror.

"You did that on purpose, you asshole!"

"You snore," I tell him assertively, like it's his fault. He can't really control his nasal passage ways anymore then the next guy, but it's fun to see him look so irritated.

"And you are a dick," Mikey says rubbing at his eyes.

"I am not a dick," I say to him and turn back in my seat to look at the road in front of us which is bland interstate, "I have a dick, but that does not make me one."

Mikey scoffs and then sets his head against the window looking ready to go back to sleep. I do not want to put up with another three hours of him snoring though. This trip is taking forever, and I don't want to have to worry about snoring.

"No way are you falling asleep again, Mikey!" I warn him.

"Fucking watch me," he says grumpily and he closes his eyes and puts his head against the hard window.

"So Gerard what is the loudest CD you brought with you?" I say, making sure that Mikey can hear.

"Fine! I'll stay awake, I won't snore. I hate you both."

"What did I do?" Gerard asks defensively.

"You brought him!"

"He got shot!" Gerard yells back, and I feel so out of the loop not knowing what it's like having a brother. I mean, I get that they're playing with each other, but it's scary how convincing it is that they're mad at each other. I guess that's just something you never learn when you're an only child, but it's still kind of weird. I actually like the new color in Gerard though, because it adds dimensions to him.

"That's not my fault," Mikey replies.

"He saved your life," Gerard says.

"That's debatable, I might have gotten out of jail for another reason if he hadn't helped."

Gerard squints at him, "like what? Because the way I remember it is that the evidence was overwhelmingly stacked against you or have I gotten my facts jumbled up?"

"Well we'll never know, will we?" Mikey says.

"Yeah, because Frank saved your life."

"But that doesn't mean I want to go on a road trip with him."

"He can hear you," Gerard says giving me a look like he can't believe he's related to Mikey.

The fake argument ends with Mikey flipping Gerard off and Gerard telling me to flip Mikey off for him because he's driving. He could easily do it himself, but I think he just wants to push Mikey's buttons a little bit.