Shade 9

Silvertongue stared into the mirror of his secret mancave again, carefully slicking down the tufts of fur below his ears. He flashed himself a dazzling smile of white; with closer inspection, the tom realized that a leaf of catmint was stuck between two of his teeth.

"Emergency!" the silver-furred tom gasped, bolting out of his man-cave's entrance and sprinting into the medicine den. He collapsed at Moonmoon's paws, a sob choking his mew. "Em—emergency," he whimpered.

The sparkling medicine cat frowned. "What do you need?" she asked carefully, stepping around his body. "I'm supposed to be—"

Her mew was broken by a loud wail from Silvertongue. "THERE'S A LEAF STUCK IN BETWEEN MY TEETH!"

Moonmoon stared at him with a mixed expression. "Yeah, I don't care. I have to go help with Amethystglimmer's kitting. . ." Shaking her head, the she-cat padded out of the medicine cat den, carrying a stick and a bundle of catmint.

Silvertongue's ears perked up as his [rather small] brain processed Moonmoon's words. "Amethystglimmer is kitting!" he meowed to himself, slowing standing up. "She's kitting my kin!"

With a new light in his eyes, Silvertongue rushed into the nursery, plowing over Moonmoon. A cloud of catmint leaves exploded around them, and the gray warrior emerged from it, flying into the medicine den to watch his kits be born. "My kits!" he shouted loudly, staring lovingly at the two kits that bore no resemblance to him.

Glodhart was sitting there with an awkward expression as Shadepaw and Redpaw licked the fur of two tiny golden toms. "Uh. . ." the ginger apprentice meowed. "These are Goldheart's kits. Not yours."

"What?" exclaimed Silvertongue. "You're obviously lying! They have my beautiful green eye—" He glanced down at the two. "Right, their eyes are still closed. Well, uh, they have my stunning grey tabby pel—" Again, the tom looked closer and realized that they were in fact a shining golden pair. "Well, they're obviously strong and warrior-like, just like their father, Silv—"

"Their father is Glodhart," Amethystglimmer interjected. "Get out of this den before the kits die so I don't have to blame it on you."

As Silvertongue slowly backed out of the den with his tail up in a show of surrender, the two kits suddenly went limp and Shadepaw stepped away.

"My job here is done," announced the medicine cat apprentice, padding away.

Silvertongue followed the black MoonClan cat, avoiding Moonmoon's unconscious body.

⌁ Brought to you by Rio :D ⌁