Shade 43

Silvertongue is in his mancave, furiously clicking at his computer.

Silvertongue: I've got the best idea! *snickers as he slams his paw against his mouse* She has to love me after this!

Somehow, there's not a sliver of doubt in his mind.

Cat: What?

Silvertongue realizes all of a sudden that he joined the voicechat of the game he's playing.

Silvertongue: Oh, mousedung!

Cat: What?

Silvertongue: Nothing... nothing.... it's all nothing.

Cat: *pauses* Who are you ingame?

Silvertongue: *sheepishly* clickmAsterxx103

Cat: Oh, you're still wearing chainmail. *snorts.* Here, I'm RockxDestroyer.

Silvertongue's jaw drops.

Silvertongue: *sputters* T-the RockxDestroyer? The one and only cat who rose to the top without a team, without an alliance, without hacks?

Rock: *tips hat ingame* That'd be me.

Silvertongue: I'm honored to be in your presence! Is helping noobs your favorite pasttime?

Rock: *shrugs and let's pretend Silvertongue can magically see that oof* Want me to teach you the basics?

Silvertongue: Yes please! Thank you so much!

Rock: No need to thank me. Let's go. *rolling eyes*

Silvertongue: Alrighty

After a long playing session.

Rock: What's your phone number? I'll add you to my group chat for the game.

Silvertongue: 696-969-6969.

Rock: *types it in.* Alr... hey, wait you're already in my contacts... Silvertongue???

Silvertongue: *laughs nervously* W-what? 

Rock: *sputters* I-I have to go.

Onscreen, Rock's avatar disappears - the legendary gamer has logged off. Disappointed, Silvertongue slumps back in his chair.

Silvertongue: Who is Rock? He-he obviously knows me... but who is he?

Silvertongue shakes his head. He's got a long night of grinding mobs ahead of him.

The next time, Silvertongue is walking into the camp with a wary smile. He finds Amethystglimmer sharing tongues with another she-cat.

Amethystglimmer: *glances over at him.* Ew, it's Silvertongue. *rolls her eyes* What do you want?

Silvertongue: I-I-I have something to show you.

Amethystglimmer: Okay... show it to me.

Silvertongue: *sits down* I, um, well. I left it back at my den. Wi-will you follow me? It'll be quick, I promise.

Amethystglimmer: That's how she-cats get catnapped. *snorts* And you're definitely the kind to catnap someone. 

Silvertongue: I won't! I promise!

Amethystglimmer: Just bring it here.

Silvertongue: It's on my computer.

Amethystglimmer: *narrows her eyes* Stand up and say that again.

Silvertongue: *repeats* It's on my computer.

Amethystglimmer: *snaps her totally-existent fingers* I knew it! You're the cat my boyfriend was playing with last night.

Silvertongue: You have a boyfriend? And your boyfriend is... is the Rock?

Amethystglimmer: Online boyfriend, of course. I've dated all the hot ones here. *chuckles* And yeah. I figured I'd go for gold if I was picking a guy online.

Silvertongue: *faints*

Amethystglimmer: *shrugs and turns back to her friend.* So, anyway, how's your day been?

by rioooo