Shade 13

Silvertongue climbed into the chair, his tail quivering with anticipation. He turned to the brown-furred cat next to him. "Is it going to hurt? Will they be beautiful? Do you think my girlfriend will like them?"

The brown cat rolled his eyes. "Only like a small shot. Yes. How the heck do you have a girlfriend?" The cat unsheathed his claw and shined it on a small piece of cloth.

Silvertongue looked away from the claw, his paws now starting to shake. "I don't have a girlfriend... yet. She will be my girlfriend once she sees my beautiful earrings though!"

The cat narrowed their eyes as they hooked an earring onto their claw. "Sure... that's what's gonna happen."

Silvertongue just nodded eagerly and closed his eyes, gripping the back of the chair. The brown cat raised their paw up, balancing on the edge of the seat, and pressed the tip of his claw to the grey tabby's ear. "Are you ready?" he warned. "And don't move your he—"

Silvertongue nodded, then let out a loud screech as the brown cat's claw sunk into his inner ear. Quickly the other cat pulled his paw out, looking flustered as the tabby flopped around on the chair. "It's okay!" he tried to soothe him. "This happens, uh, all the time!"

Silvertongue's screams echoed through the mall. Amethystglimmer was walking nearby with her friends and padded up to the earring counter.

"Uh, hello—" she paused, glancing at the brown cat's nametag. "—Mudclaw. Why is Silvertongue dying on the floor over there?" The she-cat glanced behind him at the growing pool of blood.

Mudclaw laughed nervously. "Uh, no reason at all! Ignore him! He just had an accident... no big deal. It's not my fault at all... totally."

Amethystglimmer looked skeptical. "Alright..." she meowed softly, backing away and re-joining her friends.

Brought to you by Rio. ⛈⛈