10. Falling

Niall's POV

After Harry and I had decided to become friends, we started to hang out a bit. Like for example, we happened to walk together to our classes. It wasn't weird. Guy friends do this with each other. So unfortunately, I forgot about Jessica's longing hate for him, and so guess what was spat at me when I arrived with him at our table,

"What are you doing with Styles?" 

Exactly.

Not even an "Oh he's being nice to you" or "he apologized for calling you a fag." Well yes, but it seemed like Jessica didn't give a crap about that.

"Well I was going to ask if he could sit here?" I said. I swear if looks could kill, I would be dead already. Jessica, was the only one really pissed at me, Sam, Lily and Ashley were looking at me in shock.

"No, I'll just go. I know when I'm not wanted." Harry said and starting walking.

"You apparently didn't know when you were wanted either." I heard Jess mutter. It didn't mean much to me but I saw Harry tense, even from a distance. I didn't know what came over me, but I finally snapped.

"WHAT THE HECK IS YOUR PROBLEM WITH HIM?" Everyone turned towards my voice, Harry especially; he was looking at me with wide eyes.

"Y-you wouldn't understand Niall." She stuttered, fear slowly creeping  into her features.

"And why is that?"

"BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT WHAT HAROLD HAS DONE TO ME!" Jessica yelled and ran out crying. Sam shot me a death glare and ran after her. People were still looking at me so I took off. Why did I always make everything worse?! I ran off school grounds, not really knowing or caring where I ended.

Harry's POV (lol I haven't done his in a while)

I watched in horror as Niall ran off. From what I know, he doesn't know about Danny's death and I'm sure if he did find out, he would never love me. Like me! Like me as a friend! Yeah that's what I meant. I was really tempted to follow him but the lunch bell ended and we had to go to class.

...

Wait since when do I care if I skip class? I grabbed my stuff from my locker and ran outside. It had started to drizzle some but nothing that couldn't be stopped by my hood. I literally had no idea where Niall would go. He just moved here so it wouldn't be long until the kid would get lost. I stopped.

What if he was already lost? Alone in the woods, creatures creeping up on him. What if he was hurt and couldn't move. I took a sharp intake of air. No I couldn't be thinking like this. Niall... Niall would be okay. I would just have to find him first. I heard a soft cry, almost human like and went in that direction. It got louder and louder until I stumbled upon a small clearing.

And in the middle of that clearing was Niall.

I took a step towards him but immediately stepped on a twig, the crack echoing in the clearing. His head snapped up at once but as soon as he saw it was me, he stopped crying.

"Harry!" He cried and ran into my arms. I stiffened for a moment, totally shocked he would even hug me, but slowly hugged the boys back. He was crying again and all I wanted to do was wipe away his tears and make him happy. There should really be a law that makes it impossible to make Niall unhappy. It's the saddest thing in the world, he is the most carefree lad I've known.

Well the second most.

"Why do I always make things worse Harry?" He muttered into my almost soaked shoulder. I didn't mind, I just wanted to comfort him.

"You don't Ni." He looked up at me in confusion.

"Ni?"

"It's a nickname."

"Oh. I like it." He rested his head on my shoulder again, small erratic breaths coming and going. I could've stayed like this forever.

"Why does Jess hate you Harry?" And there goes the peace.

"It's not a story I would like to tell. I made a stupid decision a few years ago and it ended so badly for the school."

"Please tell me Harry."

"No... I can't. You would hate me."

"Harry," his blue eyes met mine, slowly making me melt. "I couldn't hate you if I tried." His breath was mixing with my own, I realized how close we were. Just a few more inches and I could kiss him. But the last time I kissed a guy, it didn't end well.

"If it's really that big of a deal, you don't have to tell me until you're ready Haz." Niall says. I cocked an eyebrow at the nickname. It sounded so... natural the way it rolled off his tongue. I couldn't help but smile.

"Do I have something on my face?" He asks and retreats my grasp. I miss his touch instantly. "No, I just really like that nickname." He blushes slightly, I smile more knowing that I was the one who caused that.

Was he falling as hard as I am right now? Because I wasn't sure I would be able to pick myself up again. Not if I fell like I did last time.
_______________________________________________________
I am totally surprised I actually wrote that. I wrote Narry fluff when I sad! How does that even work?? How can my mind be in writers block for 3 chapters then suddenly comes up with this amazing chapter (friends' words, not mine)?? How??
So as I try to pick and probe at my brain, which I can't exactly do without injuring myself, i really hoped everyone enjoyed the chapter as much as I did and yeah.
From my mind to the computer keys to your eyes to read, I'm Jessica xx
Vote Comment and Fan Please!