30. Blast from the Past

Warning, There's really heavy dark information.

Niall's POV

I found myself leaning into Harry, he was just sitting there with absolutely no expression on his face. I jolted back and shook my head, I can't believe I almost tried kissing Harry. He's my best mate for Pete's sake and so horribly straight that rulers had nothing on him.

"Niall, are you okay?" I faintly heard him ask but I ignored him. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I was forced to look up at Harry, who was wiping tears away from my face.

"Ni, I know you're not. What's wrong babe?" my breath hitched at the sound of that, but Harry always said things like that, heck that's how these British idiots that he called his friends were.

Stop overreacting and answer his question Niall. I thought. But there's nothing wrong with me, except that I love my best friend.

"Niall?" Harry said but I was paying attention anymore, did I really just admit that I love Harry?

"Niall will you just answer me?! I'm worried about you!" Harry's loud and really anger voice brought me out of my trance and I subconsciously shrunk back into my seat. His gaze softened as he unbuckled my seat belt and before I knew what he was doing, lifted me into his lap.

"Ni, please tell me what's wrong. Is it your dad?" Those few words broke me like a brick crashing into a window. I started bawling, no not manly cries, full blown bawling on Harry's shoulder. I felt the boy stiffen under me but relax just as quickly and start holding me against his chest. He was whispering into my ear, but there was no calming me.

"N-no. Y-yes. I'm sure anymore Harry." I mumble into his shirt.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I stop crying for a moment, and raise my head to look into his eyes.

"Remember our deal, my past for your past?" I nodded, and he cocked his head to the side like a puppy.

"Do you want to talk?" He asked again and this time I said a quick I guess so before I'm lifted again as Harry gets out of the car and carried me inside of his house. I couldn't protest or anything because I was too emotionally drained, it was like I was holding the weight of the world on my shoulders.

Once inside the house, I would think that he would set me down on the couch and then we would talk then. No, he climbs a stairwell, which he then walks through a seemingly winding hallway before coming into a room and placing me on a bed. I was in Harry's room.

Oh lord, someone help me.

The room was quiet and it was a few seconds before I noticed that Harry wasn't even there. Maybe this was all a dream and I was simply just waking up today. I looked around the room and was disappointed to see that I didn't recognize this room, therefore it was Harry's and my life was not a dream.

No sooner had I thought I was going crazy, Harry returned with two hot steaming cups of apple cider. He handed me one as he took a seat next to me. We drank our cider in silence.

"So... Do you want to start or shall I?" Harry broke the silence and for once I was glad, you could almost smell the tension in this room, I could probably suffocate if it got any worse. But I looked back at Harry, in thought of his question. I really didn't want to share my story yet.

And thankfully Harry seemed to understand this.

"Okay, It all started the first day of high school..."

Harry's POV

~Flashback~

To say I was totally nervous, excited, and a bit scared was the understatement of my life; I was starting my first day of high school. I had skipped a grade because I scored really high the yearly test. So instead of being in my last year of junior high, I was starting my freshman year today.