44. Late Night Snack

Jessica's POV

I stared up at Louis; he was waiting for my answer. Which in all honesty, was that even needed? He knew that I liked him, we had kissed a couple of times, and I got weak in the knees every time he was near. But for the sake of his corny line and his wellbeing, I smiled and said, "Yes."

Louis's entire face lit up, he pecked my lips and cheered like a little boy who just got permission to get candy at the store. I laughed quietly and watched this boy, this amazing guy, the one who asked me to be his girlfriend, act like there wasn't a care in the world.

He seemed to finally realize that I was watching, composed him and bowed, "Would you care to have a dance milady." He said in a posh accent. I giggled and took his hand as we danced along the beachside. I would think somewhere around midnight, I saw the guys sneaking off, and I think I even saw Harry carrying someone. I saw a tuft of blonde and smiled knowingly.

"So what exactly did you do to get the guys to become Italian waiters tonight?"

"Oh you know, we're all good friends and I'm sure they've owed me from some other time. I just decided to cash in now."

"You sure you didn't bribe them? I literally just saw Harry carrying Niall a few minutes ago."

"I bribed Harry but he would only agree if I could somehow convince Niall to help out. They are absolutely smitten with each other."

"Yeah," I look in the direction of the fading figure of Harry. "They are."

"Now would the lovely Ms. Jessica Oakley like to walk to a nearby ice cream shop and get something sweet to eat?" I giggled softly and nodded. Louis laughed and led the way, stopping to collect his iPod.

"What about the table and everything?"

"Oh, Zayn and Liam were supposed to stay behind to clean it up... I'll call about it later."

So we walked past the car, and into a little boardwalk end up at a cute little ice cream shop. Louis opens the door for me, I smile and walk in, only to trip over the door and fall flat on my face.

"Jessica!" Louis rushes to my side and picks me up. "Are you okay?"

"No, I like tripping over doors for fun." I groan and rub my forehead where I'm sure a huge bruise is starting to form.

"Sorry love." He whispered and kissed the bruise. If I could, I would have cooed at how cute he was being but I don't think the situation needed that.

"Are you still up for ice cream or do you want to go?" He asked. I looked around the shop; it was pretty empty, meaning not many people actually witnessed my blunder.

"I would like to stay, if it's okay with you." He smiled and kissed my temple, I could honestly get used to this.

"It's always okay with me." We took a seat and someone girl, who couldn't be bothered to care, came up to us and asked what we wanted.

"I'll take a cup of Superman ice cream," the girl looked from Louis to me, still uninterested but she looked interested enough in my boyfriend.

"I'll take a cup of the Late Night Snack ice cream." She nodded and made her way to the counter; I pretended I didn't see the wink she sent Louis. Nothing could ruin this night for me, not even this chick.

"Okay we got the Superman ice cream, which is very fitting as well as the Late Night Snack." The girl sneered as she gave us our ice cream. My jaw drops as she winked at Louis one more time, slides a paper towards him and skips away.

"Jess...?" he looks at me with uncertainty.

"I'm fine!" I said, raising my hands in surrender. "Sure I wanna extract revenge on that little flirt but I won't cos this is a good date and I'm not letting my jealousy get in the way of anything." I took a spoonful of my ice cream and put it in my mouth. Louis just looks at me, gets this determined look on his face and leans over the table to kiss my lips.