29. Movie Night

Niall's POV

"Let's do a movie night, you know, as a group." Sam and Ashley say excitedly the next day, "Everyone drop what you're doing this Saturday cos we are having a movie night!" and they leave after that. The rest of us just stare at each other, not really knowing what just happened.

You would think you would get used to it after being in this school for four months, but you almost never do.

"So movie night, I think they meant let's embarrass all the couples that night." Harry muttered. I laughed and agreed with him, Sam and Ashley still don't know that this isn't a real relationship and will probably try anything to embarrass me and Jessica, whom, by the way, wasn't even here today.

I sighed heavily and tried not thinking about her reaction yesterday when I asked her to meet my mom. It wasn't the best reaction in the world but I had a feeling she was avoiding me now.

~Flashback~

"Do you want to meet my mom?" I had said and waited tediously for her answer. She just stared into my eyes, fear and panic flooding her eyes and her jaw was dropped open. She was making no attempt to close it or make a sound. It wasn't until a clap of thunder broke her trance and it started pouring, she looked at me helplessly and sped off.

I stood there in the chilling rain for a good five minutes before I ran to the cover of my own car; I couldn't believe that Jessica didn't want to at least try this. This may be a fake relationship but our friendship isn't. It's like she didn't trust me as much as I thought she did. And if I had to be honest, that put me in a bad mood for the rest of the day.

~Flashback over~

I was still in that bad mood and everyone seemed to know this because they were leaving me alone...

 Well almost everyone...

Louis was forced to sit next to me today, and we were in stalemate, I wasn't talking to him, and vice versa. Mainly Sam was trying to get us to speak but to no avail. I think the final straw was when someone commented on what Louis was wearing yesterday and it sparked the memory of the stranger beating me yesterday.

"Hey, Louis where were you yesterday morning, I couldn't find you at all before school. We had to talk to Mr. Don about practice for the championship game." Liam said as Louis shrugged, "I was running late, the traffic yesterday was horrific. I barely got to class on time."

"You were running late yesterday? Are you sure you weren't beating up innocent students?" Harry hissed. I gave him a glare as Louis just stared at the both of us.

"If this is about me landing a few punches on this Niall last week," It was my turn to glare at Louis. "Then you've got it all wrong, I wouldn't do that, again. I'm over that." He said without much expression.

"Uh huh, sure..." Harry said. I felt like I was the middle of a heated argument—which I was—but something had to be done.

"GUYS!" I yelled and everyone stopped and stared at me. Louis and Harry stopped fighting; I stood up and glared at the both of them.

"Look Harry, I appreciate you defending me and all, but this is something between me and Louis." He nodded sadly stood, gave me a one sided hug and left the cafeteria. That left me with Louis, which scared me just a tad, especially with what happened last time we were alone.

"I'm not going to hurt you Nialler." He voiced my thoughts and pulled me away from everyone for a private talk.

"Then why did you?" I absently rub the places where he hurt me.