25. Up and Running

Niall's POV

After learning that shocking fact about Jessica, we decided to wait till tomorrow to talk more about it. She was equally as surprised that I hadn't had my first kiss. I was socially awkward in my last school; yeah I know, pathetic.

We were currently sitting in study hall, Sam was sitting not far away and she was helping us with some yearbook things.

"I'm not sure if I'm surprised so much anymore or shocked that you were socially awkward in Ireland. I mean how did you even become friends with people like Myka then?"

"Myka and I met at one of my family reunions; she was a girlfriend of one of my cousins a few years ago."

"But how did you guys get along?"

"I think we finally started getting along when she found out my sexuality before I did. She would always mention the cute guys at my school, I went to an all Boys school, whoo, and she eventually confronted me about it."

"So... you guys started talking because she knew you played for the other team, sort of."

"Yeah, and I think she was scared of me liking her. It had to do with the whole dating-my-cousin thing."

"Oh, so what are we going to do with the plan? I mean we have to figure something out by the Christmas party. No doubt Sam is going to be hanging mistletoe around her house." Jessica glared at Sam, who was working, oblivious to us talking.

"Mistletoe?" I asked, suddenly scared.

"Yeah, it's her tradition. She got her first kiss under mistletoe and has been doing it every year since."

"Oh." I said. If I was being totally honest with you, I was scared to have my first kiss. Of course I would want it to be with Harry... Just forget I said that. But I know, even in my wildest dreams that will never happen.

"Don't give up yet Niall, it could always happen." Jessica said softly into my ear. I groan and bang my head on the table, my brain and I have no connection with my mouth and it just has to blab whatever I am thinking lately.

"C'mon Niall, it's time to go back to class. We'll figure this out soon." She said and tugged me out of the room. Little did we know, Sam had heard our entire conversation; not only was she curious about me and Jessica's buddy-buddy relationship, but she knew how to solve our first kiss problem.

~Wednesday Morning~

I took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. I looked to my right and saw that Jessica was equally as stressed. This was it, our plan was taking to effect and we just had to walk in school today, be the couple everyone would think of us to be and slowly wait for Harry and Louis to react.

"Niall," Jessica whimpered. I took her hand in mine, rubbing it reassuringly.

"We can do this Jess." I whispered, it was more to convince myself that we were doing the right thing. I silently prayed that we were.

"C'mon, we're going to be late if we stand outside any longer." I said and quickly pressed my lips to her temple in attempt to calm the girl.

"Yeah, okay." She muttered as we walked inside, hand in hand. I was so round up that I almost jumped a foot in the air when someone clapped a hand on my shoulder, congratulating me and Jessica. She was smiling slightly but you could still see the crease lines on her forehead.

"Perk up sweetheart, or else this won't work."

"I'm trying Niall, this is just so scary right now." She sounded like she was going to cry soon. So we stopped walking and I gave her a hug, the infamous Horan Hug. I felt her relax almost immediately and whispered into her ear, "Just tell me when you get scared and I'll be there. Everything's going to be alright."

She pulled back and she had a smile, one that reached up to her eyes.

"You just couldn't help quoting Justin, did you?"

"Sorry, I am a fan. Bieber Fever forever!"

"Screw Bieber fever!"

I held my heart in mock shock, gasping for the so called air that I needed. Jessica laughed at my reaction and jogged away. I ran after her, she was leading us to the band room, where all of our friends oddly waited before school.

I had just picked her up and came through the doors when they noticed us. Nine pairs of eyes widen and a few jaws dropped. Sam looked at us knowingly, which made me wonder how much she had heard yesterday.

The biggest shock was when Harry and the accursed Maddie came out of the locker room, Harry's eyes were bulging out of his head and Maddie just looked at us in shock. It got awkward real fast, just saying.

Harry's Pov      ~Prior to that little scene~

"Maddie, we need to talk..." I said to the girl early Wednesday morning. She looked slightly annoyed but didn't have time to protest, I grabbed her arm and dragged her away from her friends. I took her to the band room, where all my friends were; she didn't know that.

"Ow, can you stop? You're ruining my tan!" she whined.

"No, you can stop with this blackmail. I am not afraid of you or your little tricks."

"What are you saying..."

"I'm saying that whatever you were trying to accomplish with "dating me" is not going to work anymore." I took a deep breath and continued. "I don't care if you tell Niall himself or the whole school, but I'm proud to be gay and Danny's death was not my fault."

Maddie stood there in shock, her face was growing red as the seconds ticked by. I bet you anything that she didn't think that I would stand my ground. Which I should have done two weeks ago, just to save me my sanity from hanging with her and her "friends."

"But the whole school will be disgusted, their soccer captain can't be gay!"

"Well he is. Don't wear it out sweetheart."

"But-but Niall will never talk to you again, he'll be disgusted by you, just like everyone else will be!"

"Actually Madeline," she scowled at the use of her first name. "He is accepting of people like myself already. So there!" I couldn't help but be a little childish as I said that.

"But who says that he'll love you. I bet you anything that he's going to hook up with one of those... girls before your very eyes. What are you going to do then?"

"It won't happen. I'm sure of it."

"But that's what you think. Please, Styles. Niall is totally straight and will NEVER LOVE YOU!"

"YES HE CAN!" I yelled back and stormed to the main room. Where I almost ran into Liam, shocked at the scene in front of me.

Niall was holding Jessica over his shoulder, they were both laughing hard and I wanted to so desperately ignore the fact that as soon as he set her down, his arm was around her waist. Maddie gave me a small nudge, smirking in that evil way of hers and left.

I dared to sneak a glance at Louis, just to see how he was taking all of this, but I noticed he wasn't here. I remember him saying to me yesterday that he had gotten food poisoning. So I was supposed to bear this alone, without even the comfort of my best friend.

_________________________________________________

Whew, you guys don't know how good it feels to finally have this segment in the story. This is one of the many main ideas that I thought of when I started writing the story and now it's come to life :) yay!

So as most or none of you read at the top, this is only a filler, the real action happens next chapter and I KNOW that everyone will like it :)

From my mind to the computer keys to your eyes to read, I'm Jessica xx

Vote fan and comment please!