20. The Callbacks

Niall's POV

Thursday swung around pretty fast and thank god because I was still having trouble ignoring Harry. He made it practically impossible, what with staying by my side every second of every day. Jessica tried helping but she had an clingy Louis on her hands. Not that she minded anyways.

During all this drama, I was struggling to find a different song for callbacks. I already had a list of possible songs but none of them were working. I sighed heavily as I walked to my last class of the day.

Something or someone better give me inspiration for the song, ugh. In human geography, we had to complete a smallish group project. Almost immediately, the four of us pair up and get to work.

I notice that Louis and Jessica are flirting and I smile to myself. I only wish that I could have that kind of relationship. I feel someone grab my hand, I expect it to be Jessica to comfort me but I blush madly when I realize its Harry.

He smiles and leans over to whisper in my ear, "You'll find your princess Niall, you are exceptional."

I continue to blush as his hand retreats. Did he really just hold my hand? How did I not make a fool out of myself? I just nod and continue to work. How does he not know that I'm not looking for a princess, but maybe for a prince?

I think I was ready to tell him that I was at least BI.

"Hey after school, can I talk to you?" I whisper into his ear. He shivers but I don't think much of it when he finally nods and a stupid smile breaks out on my face. Thank god he was facing the other way or else I would have no explanation for it.

The class ends pretty quickly and to say I was nervous was a huge understatement. I was just about to tell my crush that I was BI. Which means that he may think that I like him but earlier this week I was proven that he was absolutely straight. Great. Maybe I shouldn't tell him, it would be better for the both of us.

"So what did you want to tell me Ni?" he asks when we leave the school grounds and head towards the parking lot. I don't make a sound, just twiddle my thumbs and try to think of something else to tell him. Gah, I can't do this, I can't tell him.

"Niall if you don't feel comfortable saying whatever it is, you don't have to..."

"I'm BI." I cut him off and look at the ground like it's the most interesting thing in the world right now.

"Oh."

"I mean I just wanted to let you know. Because you weren't really correct when you said I would find my princess but I thought that maybe I would find my prince. If you're going to hate me just say something now and I'll just wont bother you again." I said as my voice cracked and I started crying. Harry engulfed me into a hug.

"Oh Niall, I could never hate you. But I am really impressed that you even told me. If it was me, I probably wouldn't have half the courage that you do to come out." He soothed but totally implied that he was beyond straight. That I shouldn't even try to love him.

That made me cry harder.

What was even wrong with me?! I was always a crying blubbering mess around Harry. Then again I was always a crying blubbering mess around everyone like Jessica on Monday. I was like a girl on her period, so freaking emotional and almost everything set me off.

So after I calm down and the only sound being made by me is the occasional hiccup, I make a daunting realization... its Thursday.

"Crap Harry! The callbacks!" He quickly lets go of me and we run back into the school, to the auditorium. I almost bang my head on the door as someone opens it but Harry pulls me back. It was Jessica and she looked pissed but relieved to see us.

"You guys are so lucky I was stalling for you or else you would've been kicked out of the show. Where were you guys??" She practically yelled at us. We took our seats and the teachers who were sponsoring the Talent Show started taking attendance.

I briefly explained to Jessica that me and Harry almost left school, not really wanting to share the part where I told him I was BI until later. The teachers started calling out names to see what we were doing for the talent show.

"I'll be playing the piano and singing a song I wrote." Jessica said and the teachers nodded. They looked to me and I realized it was my turn. I glance at Harry, who for a brief second, meets my eyes. I know what song to sing.

"I'll be singing The Only Exception by Paramore." I said.

"And you Harry?"

"I'm Your's by Jason Mraz."

I immediately face him, he was still turned my way but looked at me in confusion.

"You're the one who stole my audition song?" I ask and he nods.

"Yeah. Sorry Ni, but its for someone special." He smiles and my heart breaks... again. When will this boy stop breaking my heart? Then again he doesn't know that he's even doing it.

"Oh... I hope they love it." I say softly and blink away my unshed tears.

"I know they will." And with that he gives me another hug, this one was more awkward since we were confined to the seats, and a wink, then he's off to chat with Zayn.

"What was that about?" Jess asked and I almost broke down crying again.

"I told him I am BI." 

___________________________________ 

Okay this is going to be the last update until the new year, I am terribly sorry but I do want to enjoy my Christmas with my family. This is why I spaced out my updates as well so you guys could enjoy this last updates of the year.

Don't worry, I will back in January. I'm not heartless.

From my mind to the computer keys to your eyes to read, I'm Jessica xx

Vote fan and comment please!