19. Addicted

Niall's POV

As soon as lunch rolled around, I sprinted to the line, grabbed my lunch and practically ran to the band room. Jessica looked at me knowingly and the last thing I saw before I left the cafeteria, was the girl stalking towards Harry with a look of pure hatred.

I almost felt bad for Harry, he was in for Jessica's wrath.

Harry's POV

Being at lunch later that day, no one was really talking. As soon as Niall got his lunch he left to go who knows where. I couldn't help but slump in my seat. Why is he avoiding me? I thought we were friends. Is he mad at me?

He didn't seem that mad when he was shamelessly flirting with Jessica. I looked over to Louis and instantly knew that he was thinking the same thing. He wasn't even eating, just moving his food around his tray.

Suddenly, I felt someone hit the back of my head and was faced with Jessica. She was sending the worst death glare, and if looks could kill, I would already be dead.

"What?"

"You're such an idiot Styles."

"What?! What did I even do?"

"Let's just say a little birdie saw your hot and heavy make out session with Connors." she hissed, hit my head once more and stalked off. I rubbed my new bruise as I thought who could have seen me. It couldn't have been Jessica, sure she did just confront me about it but she would have gotten in her insults (more than what just happened) and she would have been set.

I knew there was a little rivalry between the two girls, I mean how couldn't there be, Maddie happened to be the school's slut but one of the prettiest girls here. The girls at our table beat her by a long shot, and they were respected by their morals.

So who could have seen me and gotten upset?

It all came crashing down on me when I realized that Niall has been ignoring me all day.

Yesterday we we're buddy-buddy as we actually snuggled together for a movie. Well not really snuggling but we sat on the same couch together and he fell asleep on my chest. He wouldn't even look at me and when he did, only in Physics, he looked hurt.

He saw me kissing Maddie.

Did he have a crush on her? Was there a small chance that he liked me? I shook my head, of course not, he may be BI but I heard him myself, I am not his type. I gave a heavy sigh as the bell rang at lunch, signaling that we need to go to class. I was really not looking forward to seeing Niall in practice.

*****************

In fifth, we were practicing our tactics for next week's game, which meant playing a nice little game of shirt and skins. But it wasn't nice when it was absolutely freezing outside. I got shirts and looked around, most of the kids who weren't as fit as they could, were on skins; including Niall. 

He stood there shivering and mostly looking for Liam for warmth since they were right next to each other. I swore under my breath, of course Coach would do this to us, unless there was snow on the ground, nothing would stop him from making us practice outside. 

The game started and I jogged over to Niall, I would rather stay near him and keep an eye out than play this.

All was good until Coach wanted me and Niall to start doing something. I tried getting Niall to run along side me but someone kicked the ball at us. I watched the way he tried to dribble it before some jerk practically run him over.

"Coach c'mon it's barely 7 Celsius, let us go inside!" Someone yelled and I agreed, Niall looked worse. Goosebumps were all over his body and his lips were turning blue. 

"No some people aren't exactly trying," he glared at me and Niall. "So until they do, we are staying." 

Niall looked at me with a look that was similar of that to an abused animal (like that commercial that actually gets me to cry). I thought about it and quickly took off my shirt and handed it to him. It wasn't much, but I wasn't sweaty like the majority out here and he needed it the most. 

He took it quietly.

I think the real reason I was always put on shirts was no one wanted to see the tattoos on my stomach and chest. I felt Niall's eyes rake up and down on me but blushed when he met my eyes. 

"STYLES, put your shirt back on!" Coach yelled and stomped over.

"No, Coach everyone's freezing, especially Niall. Hell, Niall just got back from a stomach flu. Next he might catch pneumonia." I said and Coach gulped. He took a look between me and Niall and sighed.

"Boys, we're going inside." He called and everyone cheered. Although he glared one more time at me and Niall, Coach didn't bother us for the rest of the period.

In the locker rooms, I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder, Niall was standing there with my shirt in his hands. He goes to speak but I beat him to it, "Keep it. It's always good to have a spare shirt around in this school."

He nodded once and went back to changing. I may have snuck a few glances here and there at him but they weren't hurting anyone. I caught his eyes when I was leaving, he made the motion to have me wait for him. Yay! Small breakthrough.

We left shortly after the bell rang, I slung my arm around his small shoulders as we walked to our classes, mine would come before his so I wanted as much time spent with him as possible.

"Thanks for lending me your shirt Harry." He muttered.

"No problem Ni." He smiled at me but it didn't reach his eyes like it normally did without fail. He was hiding something. And I was intent on finding out.

"Well this is my stop, see ya later Niall?" I say as we almost pass by the office. He nods once and I take a risk; I pull my Niall into a hug. He struggles at first and I almost release him when I feel that he relaxed. Oh god I already love his hugs.  He nuzzles his face into my neck and I have to bite my tongue from letting out a moan.

I see that he's stopped shivering, hold him for a few more seconds and walk into the office. Once I know that he's gone, I let out a breathy sigh, god Niall, why do you have to be so damn perfect and irresistible.

It's almost like he's like my drug, my only reason to stay alive.

Niall's POV 

After that hug from Harry, I've officially realized I can't get rid of him, he's like my drug and I wouldn't even want to live without him.

_________________________________________

So... the story is starting to pick up, they both have really strong feelings for each other and I just think its so Cute!

From my mind to the computer keys to your eyes to read, I'm Jessica xx

Vote fan and comment please!