23. Prep Talks and Plans in Motion

Multiple point of view changes up ahead, oops.

Niall's POV

"WHOO, TWENTY MORE DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS BREAK!!" Jessica yelled at the start of a new week. I chuckled and went to ask how she knew that but she was still ignoring me. I should say an apology speech or something, this girl was still mad at me for what I did on Thursday.

I couldn't ask her where Harry was like I normally did. Though I had a feeling he wasn't here, again. He didn't come to school on Friday and that worried me. As far as I know and I've asked Sam about this, he's never skipped a day of school.

That must be the workings of the inner nerd in him. That makes absolute no sense. And I am now losing my mind. Have you seen Niall Horan's mind lately, no? Well if you find it, please tell me because I am looking for it.

Yep, I'm definitely going bonkers here.

The day actually goes by pretty fast, I mean one second it's the start of first period and the next we are sitting down for lunch. We take our regular seats, except Jessica who chooses between me and Louis, and picks Louis. Now that shocked me. She would normally never take a seat next to her crush, she used to say that she would find some way to embarrass herself and therefore would never try to sit next to Louis.

I guess desperate times call for desperate measures.

Harry's Pov

"Showtime Styles make me proud." The she-devil laughed softly. She hooked her arm in mine and dragged me to the lunchroom, where my friends awaited.

I'm so dead.

Third Person Pov

As Niall starts stuffing his face with food, the girls chat around him, but stop as they see Harry coming towards them. It was nothing of the unusual, except the fact that Maddie was holding his hand as he walked. Three pairs of jaws dropped, Jessica looked at her friends weirdly but let the subject go. Niall was oblivious to everything and that would be his downfall.

Minutes before the couple approached the table, Harry was having his first heated argument with Maddie.

"Look, just stay here Maddie. I need to talk to Louis and then we can have lunch with your...friends." Harry said with a shudder. He couldn't believe that Maddie was doing this to him; he was hurting his friends and more importantly, Niall. But Niall couldn't find out his secret, no he rather date the she-devil before he found out.

"How about... No! I know your little lover is over there, you're not taking that chance. We are going together or you don't talk to Louis at all!"

Harry couldn't win this fight, and so now they were on their way to the table of group hate.

Since Ashley, Sam and Lily were the only ones who noticed their arrival, Harry gave a whistle and they all turned to him. People gasped, some choked on their foods like Jessica, and one, Niall, the poor boy, made a squeaking noise and looked down at his lap like it was the most interesting place in the world.

"Sorry to interrupt but Lou," Harry looked at his best friend, whom sighed and stood up. "We need to talk."

They both walked a little distance away from the others before Louis grabbed Harry by the ear and dragged him the remaining feet out of the cafeteria.

"Owww! EAR!" Harry whined but Louis sent him a glare.

"What is going through your mind right now that is causing you to be hanging around... that-that devil spawn!" Louis yells and the younger boy winces.