43. Dance in the Moonlight

Niall's POV

The next day was different than other days. The first thing I had seen coming into the courtyard was a sight that I never thought I would see. I saw Louis throw an arm around some girl, I almost raged. What was he doing? He should be putting an arm around Jessica! I was just about ready to stomp over there and give him a piece of my mind until the girl turned around.

I was relieved to see that it was Jessica , she saw me at once and excitedly waved me over.

"Niall! Ah! Niall!" she squealed and just looked the most happy I've ever seen the girl be. Louis looked just as happy to the side and pressed a kiss to her temple.

"Okay when did this happen? Just yesterday you," I pointed at Jessica. "Were sitting by the oak tree writing a song. And you," now this time I pointed to Louis who brought Jessica closer to him. "I honestly didn't expect you to make a move so soon."

"I was writing a song and he came around and I needed help with recording it and he was just there."

"I also made some cheesy line in a way to ask her on a date." Louis said and nonchalantly blushed. I was about to tease him the two looked so happy that I didn't have the heart to ruin their moment. They were almost too cute.

I started to back away, they didn't notice me. I repeated my slow steps until I rounded a corner and turned to run ... straight into Harry's chest. We fall from the sheer force of my take off and we fall to the ground.

"How many times has this happened to us?" He asks from underneath me. I shrug and help him up.

"Enough times to know you're a bottom." I mutter and thankfully he doesn't hear me. That would be a nightmare if he did hear, especially if I had to explain anything remotely close to my crush. I don't think I categorize it as a crush anymore. It's bigger and deeper than a little kiddy crush. Maybe I really do love Harry.

"Niall!" Harry waved his hand in front my face and I just jerked out of my train of thought. I love Harry. Honestly and truly I do.

"Um yeah?" I say, a bit of a blush tinting my cheeks, I just know it.

"I don't know how you do that."

"Neither do I. hey did you know that Louis finally got guts to ask Jessica out?"

"No, what do you mean 'finally got guts?' I'm surprised he's gone after her so quickly after your breakup. Did you not love her like everyone thought you did?"

"It's not that I didn't love her, it wasn't anything more than sibling love. She looks to me as an older brother and nothing more. She's loved Louis for too long to throw that away for me." I stopped myself, slowly but surely getting upset. No one with the exception of Cody has ever loved me. I look down at my arm and see the bracelet he gave me, his last impression on me.

Carved into the wooden plate, it said these words, "When the past calls, let it go to voicemail. It has nothing new to say." I looked back at Harry and he was staring at me intently, also at my bracelet. I saw him lean to grab it but I moved it out of the way before he could. Whether or not he was offended by that action, I didn't know. He seemed to drop the subject.

"So uh, I guess I'll catch you later Ni." He said and left abruptly. I sighed, when I was ever going to stop being a wimp and at least tell him my feelings. I watch as his figure disappears into a classroom and I take that as my cue to head to my own class. I feel like today was going to be a long day.

 Jessica's POV

As soon as school ended I felt someone grasp my arm. I turned expecting to see Louis but I saw Sam, Lily and Ashley and I knew that I was in for a long afternoon. My eyes raked over the student body leaving, I saw Harry talking to Niall; I caught his eye and made a motion to make a move.