34. Surprise

Niall's POV

As soon as I leave the auditorium, I whip out of my phone and dial an all too familiar number. Whether she's busy or not, Myka better answer her freaking phone. It rings three times before she picks up, "What's up Nialler? Are you calling me because this Harry character finally asked you out???"

"No, he has kind of has done the exact opposite."

"Wait, so he broke up with that Maddie girl? Niall this is what you get for not keeping me up to date with your love life."

"Which is currently nonexistent because he is a jerk."

"... What did he do?"

"Well, I decided to tell him about my life back home,"

"NIALL, WHY DID YOU DO THAT?? DID HE RUN AWAY?? DID HE CALL THE POLICE ON YOUR FATHER???"

"MYKA SHUT UP FOR ONCE!!" the girl muttered a fine as I told her exactly what I told harry, everything up to the gift Cody had gotten me.

"Did you tell him what it was?"

"No, I couldn't." My best friend and I have a comfortable silence.

"So what are you going to do?"

"I just can't do this anymore Myka; he doesn't even trust me..."

"Well maybe he wants to tell you something but he's scared. Maybe he's going to come out to you Niall. You can't push him into telling you. He has to tell you on his own."

"No, that's not the case."

"Are you sure it's not this Maddie's girl fault. Maybe it was fate that she brought the subject up."

"But it was one of his ex-girlfriends..."

"Do you love him Niall?"

"Sort of."

"Niall, either you do or you don't. Wait you only make vague answers when you feel deeply about something... YOU'RE IN LOVE WITH HIM AREN'T YOU??"

"NO NO NO NO NO. SHUT UP!!" I yelled and subconsciously turned around to continue pacing but I caught sight of the one person I did not want to see. Harold Styles.

"I have to go Myka, he's standing right there."

"Tell him you love him," she said before I had a chance to hang up. I sighed and drop my phone in my pocket.

"Are you here to tell me that secret or make up something to hide it? Is everything you told me a freaking lie??" I find myself saying, and my voice cracks to show how hurt I am by this guy.

"Everything I have ever told you is the complete truth, but I can't tell you this secret." He says which is total bull to the crap. I yell in frustration and punch the wall next to me. Harry jumps in fright and I hear my knuckles crack unnaturally. I wince internally but decided to ignore the pain.

"Uh Niall-"

"Is it something I did that made you not trust me? Do you hate me or something? If you're scared of my past, I get it. Run away like every other person I've told about it; just don't pretend like you have to stay to protect me because I can take care of myself. I've been doing it for years and nothing is going to change now." I yelled and held my right hand in my left, I could feel the blood dripping from my knuckles and dropping to the ground. Punching the wall was probably not the best idea in the world.

"No, Niall I do trust you. Heck I've told you some things that my own flesh and blood family do not know about. They didn't know about Danny or anything related to him. All they know is that freshman year was a game changer for me and I was never going to be the same little curly hair chap they grew up with." He took a step closer to me and rested a hand on my shoulder.