45. Trouble in Paradise

Niall's POV

\When I walked into school the next day, it felt as if things were different. I wasn't quite sure but as soon as I reached the band room, I saw something I never thought I would see. The gang was sitting on the ground, and off to the corner was Louis and in his lap Jessica. The girl had her head in his lap and was looking up into his eyes as he made a joke.

Smiling to myself, I walk around the room to find Harry. I don't know why but our conversations have begun to seem very awkward, like we don't know what to say anymore. I find this just plain stupid and laughable.  Why should he and I ever have awkward conversations? We've been just fine for the most of this year, so why should that change?

I find him in the guitar room, tuning one and them and strumming absently. I watch as he pulls a rumpled piece of paper out of his pocket and starts singing lyrics, but mostly humming.

Settle down with me
Cover me up
Cuddle me in

Lie down with me
and hold me in your arms

And your heart's against my chest, your lips pressed to my neck
I'm falling for your eyes, but they don't know me yet
And with a feeling I'll forget, I'm in love now

Kiss me like you wanna be loved
you wanna be loved
you wanna be loved
this feels like falling in love
Falling in love
we're falling in love

When he stopped, I couldn't help but clap and his head jerked up, eyes widening.

 "Oh, it's just you Niall." He muttered.

 "Yeah, what were you just singing?"

 "Just something I'm working on." He was curt and a tad rude. I sighed. This was what I was talking about. He was just cold to me. I figured that I wasn't wanted so I walked out of the room but stopped when I heard Harry speaking.

"Idiot! What are you doing Styles? Why are you pushing him away?" I want to lean in to hear more but just then he comes waltzing out of that room and comes my way. I scramble around some corners and ended up where the gang was sitting. I dive bombed towards Jessica and Louis.

"Hey guys." I tried and failed to act smoothly, from the corner of my eye, I saw Harry staring at me.

"You're an idiot you know that right?" Jessica commented. I laughed nervously and nodded.

"So what's up in Loveland for the happy couple?" I ruffled Louis's quiff and he tried to smack my hand away.

"Loveland? Um I guess well?" she said, casting a glance towards Louis who smirked.

"OAKLEY!!" Someone yelled and Jessica looked around, almost like she was scared. Standing in the doorway was Sam, along with Ashley. Why did I not notice that they weren't there yet?

"EXPLANATIONS NOW OAKLEY OR FACE OUR WRATH!" Sam yelled again and thank god that it basically just the group in the band room or else someone would already be on their way to get a teacher. It looked like Sam was about to whale on Jessica any second now.

"Do I want to know?" I muttered and Louis shook his head no. what did he know about this?

"Fine Samantha!" Jessica smirked as she said her friend's full name and stood to walk closer.

"What had happened last night was that Louis took me on a glorious and wondrous date that Liam, Zayn and Harry had helped with. We went to ice cream at midnight, where some bitch was trying to flirt with Louis and then we drove him. He sang to me in the car and tried to kiss me but you guys ruined it by shining a light into our eyes and then soaked us to the bone with your icy cold water balloons!" the girl took a deep breath. "That's why I locked you out of my flat last night."