15. Piano

Niall's POV

I'm nervous going back to school today. I mean we have to turn in and present our project during fourth today, there's a massive exam in English that I didn't study for because my stomach was bothering me all weekend.

Oh and I just got word that there's another test in Geography. I am going to fail at today!

"Niall!" I heard before I was roughly tackled to the ground. My head banged against the carpet floors of the chorus room no doubt giving me a bump. A bit of weight was soon pressing on my waist/hips. I looked up and saw Sam's smiling face.

"Can you get off me?"

"I'm not that heavy Niall. Anyways it's for a second."

"No seriously get off me. This hurts." I grunt and she gets off. I sit up and Sam takes a seat next to me.

"Do I want to know?" She asked.

"Um, a little incident happened at my house with my group project. Long story short, I got one of the textbooks thrown at me."

"Awe poor Nialler." She gave me a quick pout then her features exploded with excitement.

"Anyways back to my awesome news! You got into the Talent Show!"

"What?! Oh yeah!"

"But you have to pick a different song. Someone is already singing I'm Yours."

"I'll do that later! I'm in the talent show!" I got up and ran around the room. I needed to tell Harry. Or someone else. Maybe Myka!

Someone tapped on my shoulder and I saw it was Jessica. I gave her a big hug and continued cheering.

"What's up with you?" She asked.

"I'm in the talent show and that is the highlight of my exam filled day." I said. She and Sam giggled.

"So you had the need to hug me?"

"I had to express my excitement somehow! You were just the first person I saw." They kept giggling until the bell rang, signaling the start of school.

"Okay class, we will be presenting our songs today. Who wants to go first?" Mrs. Smith asked. Jessica grabbed my hand and raised mine and Sam's up high. No no no no!

"Ahh, Jessica, Niall and Sam. Lovely. You may set up and then perform." She said. Jessica dragged us to the front. She gave me a guitar, she made Sam get on the piano, and herself grabbed a microphone.

"Here's the music." She handed me the music sheets. I looked at her like she was insane.

"I never got around to recording it so we're doing it live." She said to me as Sam started playing the starting lines of the song, Jessica motioned me to start singing the first lines.

Oh oh (oh oh)
Oh oh (oh oh)
(There we go)

I could write a song on my new piano
I could sing about how love is a losing battle,

Not hard, (it's not hard
It's not hard, (it's not hard)

And I could sing about cupid
and a shooting arrow,
In the end,
you'll find out that my heart was better,

Real hard, (real hard)
it's so hard, (so hard)
Real hard, (real hard)
it's not hard, (it's not hard)

But I'd rather make a song
they can play on the radio babe
Makes you wanna dance,
don't it make you wanna dance