18. Of Snogging, Tears and Piggy Back Rides

Niall's POV

I stopped in my tracks when I opened the yearbook classroom door, because right there, was Harry practically sucking some girls face off. I gag silently and quickly leave. I couldn't believe that he would do this to me! Well we aren't together but it still hurt that my crush, yes I finally admit it, was snogging some random chick!

The first period bell rings and I know that I have to suck up my feelings and just get through the day. As soon as I get I to chorus however, I think Jessica picks up on my sad mood.

"What's up Niall, I thought you would be happy seeing Harry." She asks. I sigh as I take my seat.

"Did you and Harry fight?"

"No. He," I took as deep breath as I found out I was no longer able to hold in my tears. "He was snogging some random chick in the yearbook room." As the first tears fell, Jessica gave me a hug and I cried into her shoulder. This shouldn't hurt me so much. It was just a simple crush and I've known him for a month. I shouldn't be this attached to him.

"Oh Niall, you like him don't you?" She whispered and I gave a shuddering nod. She didn't say anything else and let me cry myself out. I'm just surprise no one was saying anything.

"Niall I hate to ruin this but we have to go to an assembly for the talent show. They're announcing the callbacks and you need to be there." She says. I nod and we make our way to the hallway. She pulls me back and gives me a small smile.

"Niall, Harry isn't worth it if he makes you cry like this, you'll find someone worth your tears but you'll never know because they won't make you cry." That alone brought another round of tears to my eyes but I was so thankful that I had such a great friend in Jessica.

"Thanks Jess."

"Anytime Niall." 

*********

When we arrive at the assembly, Sam flags us down and we sit relatively near the front. Harry, Liam, Zayn and Louis are behind us. Harry gives me a cute- no a regular smile but I don't really acknowledge him.

"Hey why are you ignoring me Ni?" I hear him whisper in my ear. I continue to ignore him and Jessica squeezes my hand in encouragement. If I'm going to at least try to get over this crush, I need some help.

"Admitting your problem is your first step to being healed." She whispered and I had to bite my tongue to stop from laughing.

"What's so funny, Jiall Hoakley?" Sam joked and we couldn't help but laugh. I couldn't believe it, they were actually cheering me up.

"Happy now Horan?" Jess whispered and I nodded. We turned our attention to Mrs. Smith and the yearbook teacher.

"Okay here are the finalists for the talent show callbacks. When your name is called, please report the the front of the stage and we will talk performances. In Alphabet order here is; Abby Adams, Michael Bublé, Maddie Connors," I heard a bunch of squeals behind me and saw the girl Harry was kissing this morning. I stiffen and turn around, Jessica rubbing my back reassuringly.

"Niall Horan-" my section erupted into cheers and more cheers when Zayn and Jessica were announced. Finally Harry was called and the cheers got louder but the girl and her group were cheering as well. My jaw tightened and I pretended to not seem hurt.

When all the students were called we made our way to the stage and everyone was dispersed. The teachers just told us we needed to have a new song or our act enhanced by next Thursday, when there would be a final audition and the final groups of talent would be chosen. We were sent back to class and Jessica wanted a piggy back ride.

"Why?" I asked. She shrugged and subtlety nodded her head behind her where Harry and Zayn were walking.

"What the heck, it's not going to hurt anyone." She made me turn around and she jumped on, I grabbed her legs to keep her in place as I walked.

"Run like the wind, Horan!" (.... Sue me, I'm watching Toy Story....)

"What am I? A horse?"

"I was going to say leprechaun but you're too tall and strong to be one. Plus you're not a ginger!" I laughed.

"I actually have a soul, unlike some people! I just drink a lot."

"Niall!" Jessica slapped my shoulder but playfully.

"What? I'm 18. I'm legal!"

"I am too but I'm American."

"You are?"

"Yeah, do you really think Oakley is a English last name? Plus my accent is really obvious."

"Everyone's accent sounds the same to me so it's not that obvious. So why don't you drink here? You're legal."

Don't ask me how but this ended up in a huge debate on how she didn't think she could drink since she was American. Well Cuban-American. It basically continued through the rest of the period and most of Physics.

We were dissecting cats, the poor cats, in physics. I saw Sam and Jessica trying hard not to gag and/or puke. Nothing was worse than the flu over the last two weeks so nothing could make me sick now.

"I hate how you are practically immune to this disgusting mess!" The girls say as I make a incision into the cat. It makes some squishing sound and Jessica gives a squeal. I hold the knife at arms length at her and she squeals again.

"Get that away from me Niall!"

"Fine, but you get to cut into it's brain."

"Ooh!" She says and immediately I look at her strangely.

"What? Can't a girl dream about cutting into a cat's brain without being downed as crazy?" I shook my head as she sighed.

"Crazy Cuban." I said and she smiled but I also noticed Harry staring at me, a look of hurt, sadness and a bit of possession crossed his face.

__________________________________

From my mind to the computer keys to your eyes to read, I'm Jessica xx

Vote fan and comment please!