24. Operation: Win His Heart

Third Person POV

Following the directions of a note she received anonymously, Jessica waited outside the second floor girls' bathroom during lunch. It was not at all creepy. No, the lights weren't flickering on and off, there wasn't a howling in the wind and there most definitely wasn't a hooded figure at the end of the hallway.

She was convincing, was she not? Well she certainly wasn't scared for her life as the creepy figure approached her.

"I'm guessing you're the anonymous person who wrote this note." Jessica flashed the stranger the note and as quick as a viper, they snatched it up and buried it deep into their pocket.

"Well then." Jessica tried not to show how frightened she really was.

"Poor child, I do not come to hurt you. No, I come to give you an interesting insight of your situation."

"What situation-"

"How you love a boy, a boy you do not think loves you back."

Jessica's jaw dropped but just as quickly shut itself. Okay this was getting creepy, even for Jessica. And she's seen some really strange things in her short life.

"I also come to bring joy to one of your friends, hmm. Yes, the blond one, with the blue eyes."

"Ashley?"

"No!" The figure screeched much like a creature that Jess had only heard of in myths. "No, the boy, the one whose heart seeks the curly lads' heart!"

Niall. Jessica thought and shuddered.

"Therefore, I have an interesting... proposition for you and Blondie." She looked at figure skeptically.

"It benefits you and Blondie."

"Um, what is it?" Was Jessica crazy for talking to a hooded figure at her school? Maybe. Was she curious about the proposition and how it benefits her and Niall, oh hell to the yeah.

"'Tis an arranged relationship between you and the blonde... in return you each receive the love of soul mates."

The figure turned to Jessica, waiting for a response. The girl had a million questions rushing through her head, one of the most top ones were how the heck did this figure know so much about her friends and her personal life?

"You are a lively subject Ms. Jessica. You interest me and my colleagues and for that, we have decided to help you and your friend out of this sticky situation."

Okay now Jessica was officially and fully creeped out, she had multiple stalkers watching her, and she was now talking to one of them. Great, that's just perfect.

"I know you might not trust me after my last statement but I do not mean you any harm, you are a good soul that deserves great."

The figure looked to Jessica again for her to respond. This time, she actually did.

"Okay, this is a lot to process, but what if my friend doesn't want to do this?"

"I understand you would both be skeptical with this little plan, but do either of you have a better plan to win your loves' hearts?"

Jessica shook her head and she could almost hear the figure chuckling.

"Exactly. So... are you in?"

"Could I have a little bit more explanation?"

"Very well, I owe you that much. If you choose to accept, the plan will start on Wednesday, giving you today and tomorrow to brief Blondie about it. You will both continue until you or your friends have started to notice the two targets, your little crushes, get jealous. But you must stay together until the talent show."