6: Hoedown

"I feel like I should be in the Hannah Montana movie doing the Hoedown throw down right now!" I said as me, Farkle and Lucas stood outside of a barn where the 'best party's' were apparently held.

There was a sequence of thumps coming from inside. "What's that?" I asked confused.

"It's people shoes banging against the floor, this ain't your typical city party Maya. Here, we all dance!" Lucas said.

"We dance in New York too dumbass, just more sexually!"

"You'll have to show me one --"

"No! Not my sister!" Farkle interrupted Lucas, thank god.

I was wearing some boots and a white dress with lace detailing. I also put a frilly jacket on with a chocker. (a/n - girl meets Texas campfire outfit!)

Lucas had a checkered shirt on with some jeans and a cowboy hat. Farkle wore a similar outfit to him.

"Y'all ready to go in?" Lucas asked.

"No. But you'll carry me in if I refuse and I'd rather not be humiliated." I said, giving Lucas a dirty look and smirking at the same time.

"Let's go then" Lucas said, entering the decorated barn.

About an hour into the event I was sitting at a table, bored as hell. I hadn't even tried dancing yet, it just looked to hard and tiring.

Lucas and Farkle were on the dance floor with two smoking hot girls who could dance. If only they were dancing New York style, gosh would the idiots be happy!

My phone buzzed in my pocket and I quickly looked to see who the text was from: Joshua Matthews.
'Hey, Riley told me you missed me lol. You too, have a good summer Maya X'

"Idiot." Maya said under her breathe.

"Me?" Lucas said as he sat down with the girl he'd been dancing with on his lap, I didn't even know her name and I really wasn't bothered to find out either.

"No, just some guy from back home." I said looking into my phone.

"Is he an ex?" The girl said, I just shrugged. To be honest I had no idea what Josh was to me. We kissed once and have acted odd around eachother ever since, and that was like a year ago.

"You know what you need," Lucas said, "a dance lesson from the greatest hoedowner in here! Me."

"No thanks, I'm not a cowgirl, I don't do that type of stuff."

"Of course you do. Kimi dances like a New York girl for me sometimes don't you and she's not a New Yorker" he said winking at the girl.

"Gross" I said rolling my eyes.

"Come on Maya! Your gonna need to learn how to square dance and have a hoedown if your spending your summer here, otherwise you'll be bored out of your mind"

"Your right." I said.

"I am?" Lucas said questioning me.

"Yeah, I am bored out of my mind. So can you leave me alone, finish whatever dance you wanna do and then we go!"

"Bore..." Lucas said as he walked off, poking his tongue out at me.

"Loser!" I shouted as he was quite far away. He darted his eyes at me and smiled. I smiled back.

----

Everyone was leaving: and it was only 11pm!

"Your party's are boring. They end so early" I said as we got home.

"You was complaining earlier that you wanted to go and now you wanna stay out?" Farkle asked, "I don't get you!" He laughed at me. Lucas did as well.

"I wanna go do something fun... Let's have a campfire in the backyard!" I said jumping up and down with excitement.

"Okay. I'll go get some wood, blankets and marshmallows." Lucas said.

By 12pm we were all sitting in a circle, the fire was on and we were telling story's from our childhoods, whilst stuffing our faces with toasted marshmallows.

My brother was taking a lot of photos, including a cute one of me and Lucas.

------------------------------
I Can't Dance...

Hello everyone! So today I got talked into going to a hoedown by my brother and Cowboy (who Iv been getting to know after most of you told me to in my last blog comments!)

Obviously, me being the awkward person I am I didn't leave the table our drinks were at. Cowboy tried to get me up and teach me to dance many times, but I'm just not ready to live the Texas life quite yet. I'm still liking being a city girl.

Anyways, I found out something quite serious the other day to do with cowboy that I'm not gonna spill across the Internet - especially since there's now 5982 of you following me! (Thanks).

Random: I'd like to go horse riding, should I or do you think I'll just fail? Comment below! I'm sure cowboy has a horse or two I can try out on.

I miss you btw Sunshine, still thinking about you everyday!

Keep hoping - do y'all like that? I might make it my catch phrase since my usernames 'Hope Xo'.

Oh my gosh the Texas people have turned me already - I'm saying y'all!

I'll update you all about my boring life soon! -Hope Xo
------------------------------

I switched off my phone as the notifications were going crazy and fell into yet another great sleep at my home for the summer.