22: Oh Christ

"Merry Christmas!!!" Ava and Riley said jumping on my bed.

I quickly pulled the pillow out from underneath me and smacked it around Riley's legs, causing her to fall.

"Your next..." I said to Ava as I stood up, she jumped off of my bed and ran downstairs, I followed her with my pillow.

"Woah..." Ava said as she stood in the livingroom looking at the massive pile of presents. They were all wrapped in gold paper and had silver bows.

"Wow." I said, also looking.

Ava turned her head to see my pillow and screamed, I softly whacked her around the face and we both laughed.

"I'll be right back" is said as I walked up stairs to put my pillow away.

I placed it on my bed neatly then sorted out my covers. I them walked over to my desk area looking for my laptop, I wanted to Skype Max to wish him a happy Christmas. Yet I couldn't find my laptop, so I never could. I wonder where it had gone, my first thought was Riley playing a prank on me, since she was in here when I ran out after Ava.

"Where is it?" I said, walking into Farkles room, I knew Riley would be in here to see my brother.

"Where's what?" She said, her and Farkle both sat up in his bed.

"My laptop, it's not funny Riley, I need it." I crossed my arms.

"Okay... I'll help you find it because I didn't take it." She stood up and walked over to me.

"Why would it suddenly just disappear?" I asked confused.

"Maybe someone else took it" Farkle said, standing up also.

"Why? There's nothing anyone would want on it."

"Would Lucas have it? Or Nancy?" Riley said.

"Maybe. I don't know why they'd do that though."

"Me and Riley will search your room for it, you go talk to Lucas and Nancy" Farkle said.

"Thanks" I said, to be honest I didn't wanna be in a room with neither Lucas or Nancy right now.

I knocked on the guest room door and it swung open to Lucas with a towel wrapped around his hips, he was brushing his teeth.

"Hey Maya, Merry Christmas!" I think he said, it wasn't clear because there was tooth paste in his mouth.

"You too, can I ask you something?" I said, following him into the bathroom.

He spit out he tooth paste then washed his mouth. "Sure, what's up?"

"Did you take my laptop?"

"Why would I do that?" He asked walking into his room, he was searching through his closet for a outfit. Reminding me that I was still in my pyjamas!

"I don't know- you wouldn't. It's just someone has and I have some personal stuff on there and it's stressing me out" I said, talking about my blog.

"I'm sure it will turn up Maya" he said pulling out a top and putting it on.

"Yeah it's just-"

"If you wanna I suggest you should close your eyes right now." He said, as he held some boxers in his hand.

I placed my hand over my eyes, "it's just I'm getting really worried, I need it Lucas. My whole life is basically on there" I said, beginning to panic.

"Hey," Lucas said as he placed his hands on my shoulders. I slowly took my hand away from my eye and looked down, he had pants on. "Everything's gonna be okay." He said, he could obviously tell I was getting in a state over my laptop.

"Leading to my next theory... Nancy."

"Nancy what?" He said, taking his hands off my shoulder but still standing close to me.

"Is she here? I need to talk to her."

"What do you think she took it?"

"Maybe, I don't know who else would and I'm sure it was someone in this house" I said, getting stressed again.

"Calm down" Lucas said, laughing. He placed his hands on my cheeks. "You'll find it! And as for Nancy, she's gone home to see her family."

"When will she be back?" I asked.

"Tomorrow." He smiled at me as he still held my cheeks.

"Okay, I can last without it until then-"

"If she has it" Lucas added, "we don't know she does."

"Whatever" I said rolling my eyes, Lucas' hands brushed against my face as he grabbed my hands.

"Let's go open presents" he giggled, I did too.

----

"I like it here" Riley said, as me, her, Farkle and Lucas sat in the backyard it was cold and around 9pm. We all had blankets, Lucas had his own, I had my own and Riley and Farkle shared one... Which probably made them the warmest because of body heat and all.

"Me too" I smiled at her then Lucas.

"We like you being here" Farkle said, squeezing Riley.

"So what are you two gonna do?" I asked, "with the whole long distance thing?" I'm sure Lucas knew I was trying to hint at him that if they could work then why couldn't we.

"We believe that if we truly like eachother then we will be faithful to our relationship. I'll call her everyday, because I'll miss her cute voice" Farkle smiled at Riley.

"Awwww" I said, sarcastically. "I totally understand where you coming from, when people really love eachother they'd do anything to make it work... Some people don't see that though" I looked at Lucas slightly. He just looked back at me, bitting his lip, it was obvious I was getting to him.

"Yeah well some people don't wanna feel alone." Lucas added, talking about himself.

"That person wouldn't feel alone, because the other person would talk to them everyday and be there for them."

"Your wrong! They wouldn't 'be there' for them because they'd actually be in another City!" He was now staring at me.

"You don't have to be with someone all the time to show you care for them" I said, looking directly at him. This was starting to turn into an argument.

"Well it would be nice to see and hear the person you love in real life rather that over a phone" he started to raise his voice.

"Then the person who feels so alone can get themselves a ticket to visit the other person!"

"Not everyone's got a lot of money Maya, people have to work for things!"

"How has this turned into an argument about money Lucas? We were talking about true fucking love." I stood up, Lucas did also.

"Because it's reality Maya, and in reality you have to pay for things and-"

"Woah guys calm down, who knew you cared about us so much." Riley said jokingly.

"This is pathetic." I said, wiping away a tear and storming inside.

I heard Lucas sigh. "Maya wait!" He followed me inside.

"Is everything okay Miss Maya?" Betty asked as I walked passed the kitchen.

"I'm fine." I lied, going up stairs.

I walked into my room, hearing Lucas rush up the stairs "Maya I'm-"

I shut my door and locked it,  I then rested my back against it and slid my way down to the floor.

"Maya I'm sorry." I heard Lucas say. I just ignored him. Tears were flowing out of my eyes. "Shit please don't cry because of me." I carried on. "I'm a idiot okay. A stupid, cowboy, idiot who's made the only girl he's ever truly cared about cry. Maya please just let me in." I yet again ignored him, my voice would be all deep if I talked because of my tears and I didn't want him to see me so hurt.