27: Spotted

It was New Years Eve and my father had planned a party, he had said there was about 200 guests coming over: perhaps one of them would be my future husband... To far?

Me and Riley were getting dressed in my room, she had gone with a pink dress with a puffy underneath. I was wearing a dress with golden sequins all around the top and the skirt was short and puffy like Riley's.

We both left out hairs down, yet Riley crimped hers and I curled mine. We then both done our makeup and were ready for the night.

"There's my beautiful girlfriend" Farkle said, walking into our room. 

"Girlfriend?" I asked turning around, "so you guys made it official?"

"Yeah" Riley smiled at me and then walked over to Farkle and gave him a massive hug.

"Okay..." I said under my breathe as I walked past them and went downstairs.

There were a couple guests here already, they all seemed like the would be friends of my father as they were all around 30 years old. Guests started arriving at 8pm and I didn't realise it was that late already.

Nancy came down the stairs behind me in a tight white dress which just made it look like she was trying to hard. Her hair was up in a sleek pony and its locks were curled.

Lucas came down the stairs behind her in a suit, sorting out the cuffs on his shirt. His hair was jelled back. He looked so handsome.

I realised I was staring at him when his eyes locked with mine from the top of the stairs, he smiled at me and I looked straight away immediately.

Nancy pushed past me and whispered into my ear, "I saw that." Causing me to look down to the floor. "Do it again and I'll spill about your blog"

She walked away and I went over to the door to stand with Riley and Farkle who were greeting the guests.

"She's threatening me again." I said quietly to Riley.

"Because of your blog-"

"Shush! I don't want everyone to know." I said.

"Why don't you just tell your brother?" Riley said, she knew I was talking about him.

"I can't..."

"Whatever." Riley said rolling her eyes sarcastically.

"Hey guys" Lucas said walking over to us. I looked at him and walked away.

"What's wrong with her?" I heard Lucas say behind me.

----

It was five minutes to the new year and everyone was going into the garden, Farkle was setting up some fireworks for when the clock struck 12.

I made my way to my bedroom to get mine and Riley's coats. They were laying on my bed as I walked in, I grabbed them and then walked into my bathroom to check my makeup in the mirror. When I walked back out Lucas was standing by my door, he had closed it so we were alone.

"You scared me." I said, not looking at him because I would give in.

"Sorry." He rubbed his neck.

"Why are you here?" I said, still looking down.

"Whys are you not looking at me?" He asked.

"I asked first..." I said, looking up.

"Because I wanted to talk to you."

"You have like 2 minutes before I need to go." I said chucking the coats onto the bed and crossing my arms.

"Okay, I'm thinking about dumping Nancy tonight."

"What? No you can't."

"Why not? If I'm not with her then I can show the world my love for you."

"You can't dump her Lucas, I'll be gone in a couple of days and then things will be back to normal."

"If I dump her tonight then we might go back to how we used to be, I miss our random make outs" he smiled.

"It's not because of her that we don't do that anymore Lucas" I said.

"It obviously is Maya" Lucas said, walking up to me and grabbing my hands. "It's because you feel sorry for her Maya, I know it's not nice to sneak around behind her back but she's done it to me before and she'll do it again if a guy better than me shows up."

"No ones better than you Lucas" I joked as I looked up at my clock. "We have to go now, it's 3 minutes to midnight."

"Okay, let's go."

"No... I'll go first and then you'll come out a minute after so it don't look like we've been together."

"Okay" he said as he sat on my bed. I began to walk out but then made my way back towards him and sat next to him.

I leaned in and placed a kiss upon his lips, placing my hands on his face. "I might not be able to have you as my first kiss of the new year but I'll have you as the last of this year"

"Happy New Year Maya." Lucas said, pushing some hair out of my face.

"Happy New Year cowboy." I said, standing up and leaving.

----

5, 4, I was alone with no one to kiss. Everyone I knew was partnered off.

3, 2, I began to walk towards the door so as soon as it was new year I could go back to my room and avoid everyone.

1. "HAPPY NEW YEAR" everyone screamed as I walked up my stairs. I could hear everyone cheering and the fireworks going off.

I walked over to my window to look down at the garden full of happy people. I spotted Lucas looking up at the fireworks, he was standing next to Nancy, he had his arm around her.

I also saw Farkle and Riley making out by the pool, lovely...

I then saw little Ava looking up at me in my window. She waved at me so I waved back, I then moved my hand in a motion as if telling her to come here.

A minute later she was sitting with me on my bed, I had the tv on and we were watching Cinderella.

"Happy New Year Princess" I said kissing her cheek.

"Happy New Year Maya" she looked up and smiled at me.

Just looked and it said I wrote this on the 27th of November 2016😂😂