19: Talk About It

It was the afternoon. Things have been really awkward between me and Lucas for the past couple of days.

We haven't talked to eachother at all, Iv been spending my time with Riley, Farkle and Ava and he's been with Nancy... Doing whatever she says!

The two of them came downstairs after Betty had called them down saying that lunch was ready. Everyone was sitting at the table, they came and sat with us.

Lucas sat opposite me and Nancy sat next to him, I looked into his eyes at the same moment as he was looking into mine, causing me to look down and smile.

"Eat quick Lucas, I need to be there in 20 minutes. Good thing you drive fast" Nancy said.

"Where are you going?" Farkle asked.

"I'm going home, did you really think I'd be staying here for Christmas and not with my own family - they actually care about me" Nancy said, "unlike most of your parents obviously."

"My mom and dad care about me" Riley said, "but I chose to be with my friend this Christmas." She smiled at me. "It's clear you don't have many of those, so you wouldn't understand" she said staring at Nancy.

I looked at Lucas, was Nancy talking about him too since he wasn't with his family this Christmas? Wasn't he going to defended himself?

"Same for me." He spoke out, "I wanna spend this year my friends. Big deal"

I knew that wasn't really the reason though, he just didn't want to be around the people who lied to him, the ones that told him his birth parents were dead.

I stretched out my feet under the table, touching someone else's. I wasn't sure who's but they didn't flinch away. I looked up confused to see Lucas bitting his lip and looking at me - it was him.

"We're running out of time." Nancy said, "we're leaving right now" she stood up and grabbed her coat. "Hurry up Lucas." She said, waiting by the front door.

His feet stopped touching mine as he stood up, he hadn't even eaten half of his food. He walked over to the door and looked back at the rest of us.
"I'll be right back, okay?"

We all nodded, as he left to find the devil named Nancy.

----

"Hey." I said, as I sat next to Riley who was watching tv.

"Hey..." She said awkwardly, sipping her orange juice.

"What?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"What do you mean what?"

"Okay, now your confusing me." I said laughing. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong... Everything's perfectly normal - I don't think I'm falling for your brother and I totally didn't kiss him last night making him act really awkward around me now" Riley said placing her hand over her mouth. "Iv said to much" she stood up and walked into the kitchen, I followed.

"You kissed Farkle?" I asked with my mouth wide open, I was shocked.

"Please just forget about it" she said sighing, "it's not like it meant anything"

"Riley, it totally meant something! Have you talked to him about it?"

"No, every time I walk into a room with only him in he leave it immediately... Why don't he wanna talk about it? Was it bad?"

"Okay Riley, I don't know. But you know what I do know? The most important part in any relationship is talking to eachother, if you can't do that then there's no point in trying to make it work."