29: Gone

"I don't wanna leave" Riley said digging her head into Farkles chest as we stood with our bags by the front door.

"I'm sorry, but we have to. Schools starting and we have to get back to our normal life." I said, crossing my arms.

"Your just upset because things aren't ending how you wanted them to with Lucas..." Riley giggled.

"Yeah that too." I sighed.

"Have you even said bye to him?" Farkle asked me.

"kinda last night, it was more of a pity goodbye though."

"Well why don't you go do it now... Properly!" Riley said.

"I don't know... I think he hates me right now."

"Well make him not wanna hate you" Riley winked at me.

"Is he in his room?" I sighed, giving in.

"Yeah" Farkle smiled at me.

"I'm going to see Ava, and then maybe Lucas." I said as I walked upstairs.

I pushed Ava's door open and saw her laying in her bed looking out of her window.

"Hey cutie, everything okay?" I asked as I sat on the end of her bed.

She sat up and looked at me, "no."

"Why not?"

"Because your leaving."

"I'll be back soon. I promise" i kind of lied, I had no idea if I was gonna ever come back to this place.

"If you say so..." She sighed. "I will miss you, and tell Riley I'll miss her too"

"I will beautiful, I love you"

"You too my sister" she smiled, I kissed her forehead and left.

I shut her door behind me and walked across the hall to Lucas' room. I didn't even bother knocking, he didn't deserve that.

"I'm going now" I said barging the door open, he was laying on his bed facing away from me.

"Lucas?" I asked, closing his door behind me. "How long are you gonna ignore me for?"

I walked over to him and realised he had headphones in. "Hey!" I said pulling one out of his ear.

"Sorry, hey." He sighed as he turned to face me.

"I'm going home now." I said sitting on his bed.

"Okay, bye" he put his earphone back in, I instantly pulled it back out.

"Rude" I said lightly smacking his leg.

"What do you want me to say Maya?" He sighed.

"I don't know, maybe you could spill your heart out to me..." I joked.

"I don't have anything to spill, sorry" he sat up.

"Can I at least have a goodbye kiss" I smiled jokingly.

"No."

"I was only joking, for fuck sake..."

"I didn't find it funny." He put his headphone back in. "Bye" he said loudly.

I walked out slamming his door behind me, what a dick!

----

"It's good to be home" Riley said as she jumped on to her bed.

"That's a weird thing to say for someone who wanted to stay in Texas"

"Yeah well I was obviously wrong" she said snuggling into Beary the bear.

"Don't you miss Farkle?" I asked, which I totally shouldn't of...

"Farkle" she said as she began to cry, her eyes were flooding with tears.

"Hey, it's okay, you'll make the long distance thing work." I said as I sat on her bed and pulled her close.

"I miss him already, it's only been a couple of hours... I don't know how I'm gonna do a year, or two, or three, or more!"

"I'm sure you'll see him in another couple of months, you love him and he loves you."

"Yeah, we love each other a lot" she smiled as she wiped away a tear.

"Yeah, your type of love is rare. I wish I had it" I sighed.

"Lucas will come through Maya, he'll realise what a idiot he was being."

"I- I wasn't talking about him" I said trying to make it not sound obvious.

"Yeah yeah." She laughed.

----

I was back at my house, it felt different to not have people around. Staying with my dad had made me realise the importance of family.

Although it was good to have peace and alone time, so I decided to run myself a bath.

I filled my bath with hot water then squeezed in my remaining bubble mix, my mom had obviously not been shopping in a while...

I placed my hand in to check the temperature, it was the hottest it could be. Yet, compared to my dads house it was practically freezing.

I took off my clothes and lit a candle, placing it on the sink. I them sat myself in the bathtub. I was in there for about 20 minutes before I heard a knock at my door downstairs.

I jumped out and wrapped a towel around myself, walking down to the door leaving drops of water behind me.

I opened the door expecting it to be my mom or Shawn, however it wasn't.

"Oh my gosh!" I said as I grinned.

"Hey Maya" Max said, stepping into my house " am I interrupting something?"

"No, well yeah. I was in the bath."

"Oh I can go if you want."

"No, no stay! We need to catch up." I said shutting the door and sitting down on my sofa. "How have you been? How's your brother?"

"I'm okay, and he's doing great actually, thanks for asking."

"Thank god" I said smiling.

"How are you, did things work out with Lucas?" He asked.

"No, no they didn't" I laughed at myself, "it's a long story that I'm sure you don't want to know about."

"Yeah, it's probably for the best... Since I'm your ex and all" he giggled.

"Yeah..." I said, I don't know if it was because I was horny or realised I really like Max but there was suddenly a lot of sexual tension between the two of us.

-
Lol what is this trash