twenty seven ~ i was thinking

Simon was nervous. He couldn't place why his stomach was twisting and turning but he felt the biggest sense of dread as the line rang.

After eight dial tones, he counted, it suddenly stopped. For a moment his heart dropped with sadness thinking V had ended the call on him.

Till he head a whimper.

"Cupcake?"

Another whimper.

"What's wrong baby?"

His phone vibrated signalling that he had a text. He placed the other boy on speaker to read his texts.

vik: I panicked.

"Why?"

vik: I haven't slept. I was thinking.

"About?"

"What you said."

Vik's voice was shaky as though he had been crying and Simon's heartstrings tugged. His mind reeled back to his comment about dating: he had been half joking.

"I just realised... that I have trusted you very quickly. It scared me. Don't wanna be hurt."

Simon didn't know how to reply. It was his fault that V wasn't okay. He grasped at words, desperate to calm him. To reassure him. He was going to have to confess.

"Okay here goes..." He paused, mainly for dramatic effect but also to recollect his thoughts.

"I like you a lot, V. I don't know why I can't explain it because we haven't even met yet. Hell, I don't know your name. When we started talking I knew. To this day, I know. You are something I've been looking for for a very long time. I don't want to rush things. I want our friendship. I want to get to know you and find out your damn name and the way you like your toast and coffee. I want to meet and I want to be able to ask you in the most romantic way possible. I'm sorry if my jokes make you uncomfortable or upset. I never wanted that-"

"Shut up." Simon gasped, offended at V's words interrupting his rambling. "My turn I guess..." V mumbled nervously.

Biting his nails, Simon waited for the rejection.

"I like you too. I don't want to rush. I don't trust very easy and I'm very very scared you'll hurt me. But I'm okay with this, with that, with you. I think." Both boys breathed out a sigh of relief. They rarely shared this much of how they felt and V's breaths were quickening again.

"Okay cupcake. I like that. Calm down, everything's okay. I promise." Simon muttered reassurances down the phone, a smile plastered constantly onto his face.

~~~~~~~~

double upload for 2k reads and to say I love u all so very much for enjoying and engaging with this xoxo