ninety two ~ home

Simon and Vik were sat in a local coffee shop waiting on Vik's mum. His hands were tapping against the tabletop with nerves and he hadn't taken even one sip of his hot chocolate. Simon's hand was resting on his thigh, hoping any contact would keep him calm.

Though Simon had never seen Vik's family, he guessed straight away when he saw his mum. She was small with very similar features to Vik. She seemed overjoyed to see her son.

"Hi mum." Vik mumbled as she sat down across from them, instantly taking Vik's hands in her own.

"Where are you staying? Are you okay? Who's this? Are you safe?" She carried on overwhelming Vik with questions before Simon cleared his throat politely.

"I'm Simon. I'm his boyfriend and he's been staying with me." Vik's mum looked to him, smiling sadly as she took his hand in hers as well. She thanked him multiple times before leaning back.

"Look at you two together. What a lovely couple." Simon could feel his cheeks heating up at her comment so ducked his head slightly, taking a sip of his coffee.

"Dad?" Vik questioned. This was the question he had wanted to ask since they decided to even meet with his mum. Simon held Vik's thigh a little tighter as his mum shook her head.

"I convinced him to let you come to your cousins wedding. Maybe you can work on him slowly?" Vik nodded as though he knew this event was coming up. Simon worried about letting Vik do that on his own.

"Would it be wise for him to bring a date?" Simon asked. He didn't want to sound too forward and give off a bad impression but he knew he wanted to be there for Vik. Sadly, Vik's mum shook her head. Simon nodded in a response, understanding.

"Vik, you can come and stay at Auntie Jal's tonight, I'm on my way now." Vik looked to Simon, who was smiling encouragingly and nodded.

"And getting home?" Vik's mum's mouth hung open a small bit in shock whereas Simon's heart had welled up with pride. Vik had called his house, home.

Vik's mum stood and shook hands with Simon. She waited for Vik to turn and place a small kiss goodbye on Simon's lips before he followed her. Simon watched them go.