eight one ~ hide and find

Vik woke up curled beneath Simon's arm. He smiled slightly. Even though he was still upset at the whole situation, the result was probably the best it could be.

Slowly, he shimmied his way out from under Simon and stood, stretching, before slipping on some jogging bottoms to trek downstairs.

He was greeted by a whole crew of already dressed boys, counting about ten or eleven bodies in or around the kitchen. Frozen to the spot, he stared.

"Hey Vik, sorry it's so busy." Josh stood near Vik, admiring the scene in front of him with a proud look on his face. "We're planning for Minter's birthday."

Vik's eyebrows rose. During all of this, he had barely remembered it was so close to Simon's birthday. He suddenly felt very guilty.

"Could you or Harry take me shopping for a gift soon?" Josh nodded before being pulled away. Vik dodged around bodies, extremely careful not to touch anyone, as he grabbed a glass of water.

Half way through drinking it, he felt a arm go around his shoulders.

"Simon's boyf? Hey bro I'm Chip!" The stranger smiled at Vik, who smiled softly in return.

"Get your hands off my bae." Simon's voice rose above everyone, a smirk on his face as he winked at Vik. Chip held his hands up as if surrendering. Everyone was silent as Simon moved over to Vik, pulling him towards his chest so his back rested against him. "To what do me and Josh owe all this pleasure?"

No one spoke. No one knew what to say. Surprisingly, Vik came to the rescue.

"Josh wanted to welcome me properly. He invited Harry, Tobi, you know. Then some others came I guess. You just caught me meeting Chip." Vik smiled at Chip and watched as others faces relaxed around the room. Simon shrugged it off and kissed Vik on the top of his head.

That night, people cheered and congratulated Simon on being a year older. Simon's grin stayed constant, the attention and alcohol keeping him in pure bliss.

Vik, trying to stay away from strangers, flitted between spending time with Harry, Josh and Tobi. He was continually introduced to new people who's names he often forgot.

Simon would find Vik every once in a while and place a kiss on his head, mumbling something incoherent before someone else would distract him with a birthday wish though. Vik didn't mind, he discovered because seeing Simon happy genuinely kept him happy.

It was about 1am when Simon pulled Vik outside and into a hug in the peacefulness of night. Vik relaxed into him having missed him.

"Feel like we've been playing hide and find all night." Simon slurred, pouting as he pulled away.

"Hide and seek, drunkard." Vik giggled slightly, folding his fingers between Simon's much longer ones. Simon went on about how he liked when their texts reflected how they act in real life and though Vik wasn't sure exactly what he was on about, he listened all the same.

Their comfortable happiness was interrupted as a loud body came falling out the door.

"Simon come inside for me? It's your birthday!" It was Jide, he pouted as he stared at the two. Simon let go of Vik's hand and did as he was asked, disappearing into the house. Jj smirked at the lonely boy, left outside. "His friends will always come first." He waited to see if he would get a reaction out of Vik but, after a few moments, he left to follow Simon.

Vik had been refusing to look towards Jj as his heart fell beneath his stomach. He just wanted to be alone but he didn't even have a room to go to anymore. So he stayed there, sat on the grass, watching the stars above him as his star partied the rest of the night away inside the house.

Simon in his drunken state felt as though he was missing something. His heart felt empty and he couldn't put his finger on why. Though people were leaving, he decided he didn't really care about that. He tried to put one foot in front of the other, only managing to move smoothly if he concentrated extremely hard.

Then it hit him. Vik. He hadn't seen Vik for a good few hours. He was washed over with guilt as he pondered where his boyfriend could be. Simon found himself walking outside before his brain could catch up with his feet. He turned to walk around the house to the front garden when he couldn't see anyone outside before his foot trapped under something. Panicked, he jumped backwards and fell with a cry.

"Simon?" Vik's head popped into his very blurred vision. He blinked a few times, focusing solely on the beautiful face above him. He smiled till he noticed Vik's eyes were puffy and his mouth wasn't as upturned as it usually was when they were together.

"Cupcake you scared me I thought you were a minster." Vik wasn't sure if Simon had purposefully pronounced the word wrong as a pun on his second name so he didn't try to correct him. Instead, he stood and held his hands out for Simon to use as support to pull himself up.

Simon instantly picked Vik up, his arms wrapped around the smaller boys waist, and spun them both around. He wobbled violently making Vik hit his arm lightly.

"Put me down drunkard, let me take you to bed." Simon complied and wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. He lent to kiss Vik. It was sloppy but Vik couldn't help but enjoy it anyway.

"I'd love to take you to bed." Simon muttered over Vik's mouth before pulling him against his body. Vik's arms naturally lifted around Simon's shoulders as he melted into the kiss. It wasn't until Vik could feel how... happy Simon was that he pulled away.

"Bed now." Simon grumbled at Vik's words and continued to grumble as Vik handed him a cold glass of water and helped him undress for bed.

"Just put your joggers on!" Vik sighed, exasperated. Simon was holding his legs, twisting side to side on the bed like a ball.

"No! No I will not. Just join me," He sang, muffled every so often by his position. "I won't sleep till you get into bed in your boxers."

"Fine." Vik stated, tugging his jumper over his head and dropping it to the floor. Simon stared, mouth agape at Vik's sudden actions before throwing himself under the covers of his side of the bed. He held his arms out and, with a big grin on both their faces, they curled up together.

They were silent for a while before Simon whispered.

"I'm in love with you, Vik."

Vik wasn't sure how to respond. He shifted. He had never said something like this.

"I'm in love with you, Simon."

~<~~

hi y'all. sorry about the lack of updates, been feeling a little down. :(

instead, I made sure this chapter was over 1000 words to make up for it.

I'm really sorry, I love you all so much <3